Hi,
Can anybody tell me how to get close to the Sabaton sound on "Heroes"? Which amps/guitars would you use to achieve this? I say "close to" because I know it's very difficult to get that exact sound.
Thanks.
Now you're asking a tough one, I Know the two guys use both ESP And fender strats (With singles in them, I've seen Sabaton twice) I'm not sure on their amps though.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Doesn't matter what they use, it's probably a modded amp/amps with lots going on in the loops and in front. Just go out and buy an amp in your budget that brings you close, and tweak your on sound further in that direction. That will be the cheapest and easiest way.

*EDIT* To the guy above me: it's not because it looks like a single that it is a single coil pickup.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jan 7, 2015,
Quote by LP_CL
Doesn't matter what they use, it's probably a modded amp/amps with lots going on in the loops and in front. Just go out and buy an amp in your budget that brings you close, and tweak your on sound further in that direction. That will be the cheapest and easiest way.

*EDIT* To the guy above me: it's not because it looks like a single that it is a single coil pickup.

Yeah true, but I ran into him at Hellfest in france and asked him about it, couldn't remember the specifics though.

Also to the OP: Sabaton have massively multitracked and have such a fine tuned sound with post processing it'll be pretty impossibe to get their exact tone, but try a few amps or hop onto Youtubes and see if you find something close.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Hope it isn't weird replying now... xD saw Sabaton in 2014. They were using ENGL Invader amps!
Join the Guitarway Challenge! Practice to become a better musician and you may win some cool stuff in the proccess!!
(removed)