does it have any noise (hiss/hum) issues ?

till now , i've been using one of those 1/4 inch to 3.5 mm jacks directly into the pc soundcard , and there has been a lot of noise (weird windy sounds when i'm not hitting the strings) , and i wanna upgrade. My budget is around $100..

so, is Roland ua-11 mk2 noise-free ?

or is there something better in the same price range ?

I just want to get a clean , noise-free guitar signal into my pc/laptop .

( I'll be using vst plugins in reaper/fl studio 11 , and my guitar has active pickups , dunno whether this is relevant info but just in case...)
Nothing is really noise free, and noise is among the least of your problems.

It will work, yeah, but if it's only for guitar I'd rather get an unbranded guitar link.
It's not gonna sound better nor worse really, but having a lot less options (which you don't seem to need) then it's hella convenient considering the price.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
so basically the output quality of an unbranded guitar link is more or less the same as ua11 ? what about pod studio gx or a xenyx 302 usb or say a scarlett solo ? are they all same-ish ?
Quote by NRG_sama_
are they all same-ish?
Just about.
If you have to ask this kinda question then you'll likely not hear any difference.

These things have more options that the guitar link though.

If you think you'll be recording mic's or more than one track at a time in the relatively near future then I'd suggest saving up a bit more and getting a mackie onyx blackjack, else go for the guitar link 'cause you'll not find anything noticeably better sounding for less than $100.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
thanks a lot.

I'll get a guitar link for now and get the mackie later when i get more serious

oh and one last question

can i get a hug ? no one on the forums has hugged me yet
Quote by NRG_sama_
thanks a lot.
Sure
Quote by NRG_sama_
oh and one last question

can i get a hug ? no one on the forums has hugged me yet
Most of the people around here openly say I'm an asshole (they do have some points - I have some "uncommon" ideas I will defend 'till death), so you may have better luck asking somebody else.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola