Seriously, one of the best pieces I've written so far. Probably the only one I consider 'good'.
Attachments:
so gud.zip
so gud.gp5
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Sounds like Fallujah had a hermaphrodite baby with Wintersun! Lots of coo' stuff and a bit of cray. I liked, eventhough sometimes it felt the song was progressing too quickly, I would've liked some parts to repeat more or something.
Last edited by Faretsi at Jan 7, 2015,
I already gave you some comments over skype but I'll post here too just 'cause.

The intro is pretty and melodic, 14-31 is okay. 32 is where I really got into the song, that riff is awesome. I really like the melody at 35. 41 is an excellent follow-up riff, keeps the energy of the song up.

I kind of get the use of dissonance at 85, but I'm not sure about 87-88. I feel like the chords don't add much to the riff, they're too... muddy?

Clean outro is really well-done.

Overall pretty good but I was disappointed 'cause it was so short. Maybe it's best to leave it that way, lest it gets too unfocused.
Cheers for the posts, guys. I've been spending the last few days installing all my recording software, hopefully can get this one recorded
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Wow, man. I loved this track. You should really make a record if you ever get the chance. Liked the triplet heavy riffage a lot. You had some really pleasing chords and melodies going on. It also had a healthy sense of groove about it. I liked the drums, one part that really killed me was measure 13. The minimal drums in that measure were super effective in my opinion. The clean outro was perfectly done. Also, I dunno if I'm look at it wrong, but are you using a wacky tuning? If so, you get an awesome sound out of it.