I am trying to decide between the Peavey Vypyr VIP 1 or the Blackstar ID Core 20 amp. I only play for personal enjoyment and am definitely a novice at best. I have a Washburn WI66 Pro electric guitar and an acoustic electric Takamine SG 440. I usually play along to songs so I like the fact that the Blackstar is stereo (and can play the songs through it) and has pretty simple controls. However, the Peavey has an acoustic setting and way more options. I have not been able to play my guitars with either of the amps, but I know either one will be a step up from the little Rouge amp I am currently using. I would appreciate any insight or opinions you all might have.
Thanks
Quote by e_stancliff
I am trying to decide between the Peavey Vypyr VIP 1 or the Blackstar ID Core 20 amp. I only play for personal enjoyment and am definitely a novice at best. I have a Washburn WI66 Pro electric guitar and an acoustic electric Takamine SG 440. I usually play along to songs so I like the fact that the Blackstar is stereo (and can play the songs through it) and has pretty simple controls. However, the Peavey has an acoustic setting and way more options. I have not been able to play my guitars with either of the amps, but I know either one will be a step up from the little Rouge amp I am currently using. I would appreciate any insight or opinions you all might have.
Thanks

In my opinion Blackstar, although many people will disagree with me . I tried the 40 watt(I think) version and it's cool.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Thanks for the input. I found a music store that had the Blackstar ID Core 20 in stock and went an tested it out. I really liked it and plan to buy it next month when I have the money.
Yeah, what Will said. A Blackstar would allow you to create a tone on your amp, instead of using an amps's amp to make your tone.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
I'd suggest getting a better electric guitar amp, say a used vypyr tube 60, and playing the acoustic guitar unplugged unless there are any particular fx you wanna get from the amp.

How much money do you wanna spend?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.