Two months ago I bought an acoustic guitar and started playing. I can only strum along with a few chords to some songs but I have started to feel like buying myself an electric guitar.

... am I mad! My head tells me that I should concentrate on mastering the acoustic but my heart says strum out loud on an electric!
Quote by dspellman
Follow your heart.

+1 Anyway it would probably take years to master that acoustic, better to spend this time with something you actually enjoy

that guitar is like falling in love with a stripper
Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats
Since they are two entirely different beasts, I think it is OK, and having the two might keep you motivated better than one or the other. Try it and see; don't forget that both guitars need set ups, and you will need an amp for the electrics. - Something like a Roland Cube would be good for starters.
I think you can only benefit from having both. Having both gives you more versatility. And some music just doesn't sound good on acoustic. And some music doesn't sound good on electric. If you want to play anything with electric guitars, I would suggest getting an electric. Also, if you can already play acoustic, the same stuff applies to electric guitar and vice versa. Technique wise they are the same. The only thing that really separates them is the different sound that works for different stuff.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Tony Done
Since they are two entirely different beasts, I think it is OK, and having the two might keep you motivated better than one or the other. Try it and see; don't forget that both guitars need set ups, and you will need an amp for the electrics. - Something like a Roland Cube would be good for starters.

i'd rationalize it this way as well. it isn't as if you will continually think you need or deserve an "upgrade" - acoustic and electric are different.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Tony Done
Since they are two entirely different beasts, I think it is OK,

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you have the want and the finances then go for it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I can't say that I know anyone who plays guitar that only has 1. They are addicting play, beautiful to look at and they play well in large groups of as many as i can buy before my wife kicks me out! Lol
One benefit of an electric is that you can get an FX pedal that will make it sound acoustic. If some guitars is good, more is better... Fill the house with them. The limiting factor that you will have as far as a collection goes is paying for all those sets of strings and how many hours in a day to play them all....
I helped a friend pick out her first electric guitar and two weeks later she was sending me pics of PRS guitars she was wanting and what specs on a Strat she would probably like more. If you got the bug in ya there's no stopping it. Feed it more guitars!
OK guys you've convinced me and given me a good excuse .. .. I just hope it works on the Mrs!