I doubt it's an actual song. There's always this kind of music in movies and TV series. It's just generic riffing in the background to affect your mood. It's just background music. For example if there's a sad scene or somebody tells an emotional story, you usually hear sad sounding piano music behind it. It is there to make you feel the emotions more strongly.

Same with the song you were referring to. I would guess it's there to make you feel more relaxed - it kind of tells the show isn't too formal. For example in more "serious" documents you may not hear any music. It's just the narrator speaking something. But if they use rock music in the background when the narrator speaks, it gives it a pretty different kind of feeling. Music affects your mood and that's why background/soundtrack music is used in TV shows and movies.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Yea, I think it was purposely in the style of Life in the Fast Lane, since it's about the eagles, but it's not the actual song. It's just meant to be background music like Maggara said.
^ Yeah, and usually background music reminds you of something. I think most of the time background music composers take a riff or a melody or whatever and change it a bit so that it still reminds you of something but is not exactly the same. I mean, think about it - most TV shows and movies need background music. It would take a lot of effort to compose so many songs that are most likely just played in the background for less than a minute. So I think that may be one of the reasons why background music may remind you of something. It's not trying to be anything original.

And yeah, many times in a rock documentary you will hear rock music in the background. If it's about The Eagles, it may be written in the style of The Eagles on purpose. But they may not want to use any real Eagles songs because they would have to pay for the use of their songs.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Exactly. It's a Life in the Fast Lane sound-alike. It happens all the time to avoid licensing fees.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp