Hey all,

I was just looking for some opinions of the Laney Ironheart heads/cabs. I was looking at getting the 60w head and pairing it with my Marshall (MG) cab (which really sucks, btw).

I honestly don't play the MG much because I can't get a good tone. I have an old Johnson combo which sounds amazing and I just mic it if/when I play out.

I like to play a lot of metal/shred and class rock/blues.

I have read the reviews and all I see are a lot of positives.

1) Should I take the plunge and get a better cab (is it going to make a huge difference)

2) Is there anything which you would recommend comparable but maybe a little cheaper?

I've been playing for over 10 years now and I think it's time to get something of quality.

Thanks!
what is your max budget?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Also where are you?

The Laney Ironheart is a great head. Probably one of the more underrated ones out there. Very modern voicing, different from the more Marshally VH100R in their lineup.

Should you get a better cab? Absolutely. Kind of pointless getting a good amp and running it though a cab with crappy speakers that doesn't resonate well. The cab and head are two halves of a whole amp. If you're in Europe the Harley Benton 2x12 is a great choice. In the US I'd stick with the Laney IRT cab or look at Avatar cabs for good quality for the money.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Also where are you?

The Laney Ironheart is a great head. Probably one of the more underrated ones out there. Very modern voicing, different from the more Marshally VH100R in their lineup.

Should you get a better cab? Absolutely. Kind of pointless getting a good amp and running it though a cab with crappy speakers that doesn't resonate well. The cab and head are two halves of a whole amp. If you're in Europe the Harley Benton 2x12 is a great choice. In the US I'd stick with the Laney IRT cab or look at Avatar cabs for good quality for the money.

agreed on all points.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks guys! Looks like this excursion is going to offset me about $1000.00. Time to sell some old gear
If you want the IRT cab, Guitar Center used has one for $300 right now if you're in the US.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I'd recommend a Marshall 1960A or 1960AV. The 1960A can be gotten used for ~$325 and sometimes they have Vintage 30 speakers in them for that price. The 1960AV is going to be a little more expensive, but there's really absolutely no reason to spend $1000 on either one. Buy used, be patient and the deals will fall to you.