TL;DR version:

The intent is to have 4 single coils from 2 humbuckers, and individual control for all 4 at any given moment, and be able to mix any together in any amount. Doesn't work quite that way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Longer version for those with longer attention spans |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, Here's how it's wired atm:

Hot from Input-Tip goes to center switch position

Then from there two leads are twisted together on one end and soldered onto the "neck" position of switch
Two other leads are twisted together on one end and soldered onto the "bridge" position of the switch.

From there each individual hot lead is sent to 1 of the 4 volume pots (which are actually two concentric pots - CTS 500k/500k on both)

I have the Neck's North Finish going to the "first" lug of one pot in the stack, and the Neck South Start going to the other "first" lug on the other pot in the same stack.
The bridge is done the exact same way.

The North Start and South Finish are wired together with the pickup ground and soldered to the base.

Both pots from a stack (both stacks are wired the same here as well) have individual jumpers from the ground (or "third") lug to the base.

The bridge ground (not pickup, but actual bridge ground wire) is soldered to the neck concentric pot base, as is my copper shield's last jumper wire. (I connected each cavity's copper shield to one another with wire).

The "ground circuit" goes from the switch ground, to the neck base, to the bridge base where it connects with the sleeve ground out on the same solder spot as all the bridge pot's grounding wires.

What is the problem?

Say I switch to the neck position of the switch. If I want to turn on just the south coil, I have to turn on the north coil a little bit in order to have any signal at all. The same goes if I just want to turn on the North Coil of the neck humbucker pickup.

The same applies for the bridge humbucker.

if I switch to center, all 4 pots have to be on just a bit for any of the other 3 pots to work...

I want to have individual control of each coil, without having to turn on any of the other 3 pots. But the reason why I didn't go with another switch with more positions, is because seemingly I shouldn't have to. I should have individual control without having to switch. I also want to have the ability to blend in any of the other single coils from my humbuckers into the mix (if you will) for complete tone control here... yet it doesn't work that way in this wiring for some reason.

Anyone have a solution here? And yes, I know that this gives me parallel wiring for the humbucker, I am well aware of this... this seems to be the only solution I could come up with that wouldn't end up with "out of phase" occurring when both pots from a single stack are at 100%... (if I wired it like a standard humbucker, but put the ground with the red and white and stuck that to base instead of green and ground going to base... I'd end up with this phasing issue...)

Anyone know of a way to use this idea of 2 concentric pots for individual control of each single coil, with parallel wiring here, using what I've got here?

I can go and get me a pair of Triple Shots in a few weeks if I have to, but I wonder if I can do this without those switches, and just these 4 pots and a 3-way switch? Is this even possible?

What all is possible with what I have if all 4 pots are just standard pots and don't have the additional components for making any of them a tone or what not)?

Thanks in advance for any help here.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Sorry for the wierd colour scheme and the poor excuse for wire paths, but it's the best I could do in short order .

the two dark grey circles are the pots closest to you when you have the pots installed and you're looking at them from the back control cavity.

Oh, and not pictured, are the bridge ground wire which goes to the dark grey pot up top, and also not pictured is the copper shielding jumper which goes also to the dark grey circle/pot up top.

┌∩┐(◣_◢┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Jan 8, 2015,
a guy over at the seymour duncan forums helped figure it all out,thanks to you guys though .

┌∩┐(◣_◢┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!