Like the title reads just wanting a raunchy fuzz to mess with as I have none and need it under 100 USD. Suggestions? Used is fine. Thanks.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
v4 muff clone, duh. your budget might constrain you though. cheapest i can find for you by a good builder is madebymike in the UK http://www.madebymike.co.uk/icmuff.shtml - about $135USD shipped. the stompunderfoot pumpkin pi is really good as well, http://www.stompunderfoot.com/pumpkin-pi.html but is $183 shipped.

if budget is that limited, just go with an EHX muff.
It don't have to nail the Pumpkins tone just the ballpark and I'm not wanting to spend over 100 on something I just want to see if I'll enjoy and justify having one on my board. If I do then I'll go with local Earthquaker Devices fuzz or drop Toyroom some cash for his Siamese fuzz.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Yeah I know which fuzz will nail the tones but that's more $$$ then I want to drop to experiment if I dig fuzz I'll trade in my starter for a proper. So regular NY muff for starters?
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
the musket fuzz would be nice to look at.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Right on I've never used fuzz before so this is going to be interesting as there are so many and so many flavors this could be a mistake as I'm a overdrive addict with 30+ not counting copies in the stable now. Any others on the 100 or under side I should look out for I'm heading down to the local shop tomorrow they stock heavy new and used in the pedal department.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
the musket is also quite nice. versatile as hell. it's a green russian with a boost up front.

if you want other types of raunchy stuff, look at tonebenders. not really pumpkins, but are the definition of raunch.
I might be wrong but why not get a Big Muff Pi its pretty much what he used.Plus they,re well cheap.
The Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina is perfect for what you want, it's an IC Big Muff clone with a couple of mods. It's a fantastic pedal, but at $169 it goes over your budget.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I'll be checking into one for sure but am also looking for other recommendations as I'm aware of the EHX fuzzes. Edit. My budget will increase substantialy after I experiment with a 100 or under model to see if I like the effect.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Last edited by RJH11 at Jan 8, 2015,
Quote by smittyanthrax
I might be wrong but why not get a Big Muff Pi its pretty much what he used.Plus they,re well cheap.

did you even read the thread before you posted?
Quote by NakedInTheRain
did you even read the thread before you posted?

Yeah i did.What mistake have i made?
^ Lol I'm off to go on the hunt I'll report back with my findings. Thanks guys.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Quote by NakedInTheRain
it was established that a muff is the fuzz that TS is after.

Well at least we were both right.
All right snagged a older NYC Big Muff pi and a Satisfaction fuzz that I'm going to play a bit then mod to a Jordan Bostone or just swap some caps in and out. After I play with these a bit I'm heading back in a few weeks to snag a Earthquaker Tone Reaper and Dirt Transmitter tried all Earthquaker Fuzzes while out those two were my favs. Thanks for all the input your opinions were valuable and appreciated. Edit. Also snagged both used for 50 bucks so under budget as well.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Last edited by RJH11 at Jan 8, 2015,
NPD for the Satisfaction fuzz I'll do this weekend with some clips.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Thanks and yeah I dig the effect not even swapping these two starters in just buying more. I'm gonna end up single between pedals and my RM lol.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals