Ive just recently gotten into recording, using Garageband. I was wondering if anyone had any experience using a Rocksmith Cable along with garage band, and if it was worth even trying.
I' ve seen some people use it with Audacity to record. Depends on what you're trying to record and what you intend to do later on.
Quote by Schecter_6661
I' ve seen some people use it with Audacity to record. Depends on what you're trying to record and what you intend to do later on.

I record alot of acoustic stuff, like john mayer, jack johnson, etc. I use a taylor, so would it sound better if i were to just play into a mic? With time Id like to get better equipment but im working with what i have right now
If you want to record acoustic stuff you need a mic, and if you want a mic you need an audio interface.

You may use an acoustic guitar that has a p/up or a mic built in, that will not sound much good if ya ask me but it would work on the cheap.

Rocksmith cables anyway sound bad and have close to no options.
If you're THAT much on the cheap get an unbranded guitar link.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
If you want to record acoustic stuff you need a mic, and if you want a mic you need an audio interface.

You may use an acoustic guitar that has a p/up or a mic built in, that will not sound much good if ya ask me but it would work on the cheap.

Rocksmith cables anyway sound bad and have close to no options.
If you're THAT much on the cheap get an unbranded guitar link.

Could you suggest a good mic and audio interface? Honestly I dont really know anything regarding the two
First combo that pops off my mind are the Sony C-800g and the Metric Halo ULN-2.
May not be the ones for you though.

What's your budget, what do you want to record exactly, and what do you wanna do with the recordings (yt covers, demo to send to record labels, just putting some ides down...) ?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
I dont have an exact price range because i dont know the subject very well, so i dont know what i would need to spend, but i want to record acoustic guitar, as well as vocals. And i would be putting them on soundcloud, youtube, etc
Quote by Spambot_2
First combo that pops off my mind are the Sony C-800g and the Metric Halo ULN-2.
May not be the ones for you though.

What's your budget, what do you want to record exactly, and what do you wanna do with the recordings (yt covers, demo to send to record labels, just putting some ides down...) ?

Obviously, that's not his budget, and even if it was, I wouldn't suggest that. Running a C-800g through a ULN-2 would make me die on the inside.

You'll probably be looking at about $300 or so for even the cheap interface/mic combo. I'd read the sticky for some interface suggestions, and maybe look into The AKG Perception mics or even a pair of Samson CO2s for the price range you're probably looking for.
Quote by chaosmoon
Obviously, that's not his budget, and even if it was, I wouldn't suggest that. Running a C-800g through a ULN-2 would make me die on the inside.

You'll probably be looking at about $300 or so for even the cheap interface/mic combo. I'd read the sticky for some interface suggestions, and maybe look into The AKG Perception mics or even a pair of Samson CO2s for the price range you're probably looking for.

Great, thank you
Quote by lodragoD
I dont have an exact price range because i dont know the subject very well, so i dont know what i would need to spend, but i want to record acoustic guitar, as well as vocals. And i would be putting them on soundcloud, youtube, etc
If you wanna record both at the same time and record the acoustic guitar with a mic, I agree a pair of CO2 on the cheap.
The akg perception line didn't impress me.
Well not the lower tire models.

If you want to record everything separately then you might as well get a single, bit better mic, say a Rode NT-1A.

As for the audio interface, I'd get a mackie onyx blackjack in any case.
Quote by chaosmoon
Obviously, that's not his budget, and even if it was, I wouldn't suggest that.
Well he asked for a good mic and audio interface alone...
Quote by chaosmoon
Running a C-800g through a ULN-2 would make me die on the inside.
You may wanna put the PSU in the middle, but apart from that I can't see any problem.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola