Does anybody else struggle in the morning, or have any tips for being an overall better human being in the morning time?

Ive tried searching google on this, and lord knows theres plenty of non-morning people searching for answers and Ive tried a few solutions, from going to bed earlier, waking up earlier, setting a consistent schedule, adjusting diet / using nutribullet shakes a couple times a day for better nutrition, ect.

Here are some facts:
-I usually go to bed between 10pm to 12am, and wake up between 5:45 to 6:30 am.
-Im a night owl. I feel most creative around night time and do a lot of my recording, projects, and overall thinking then. I also usually feel more optimistic about things in general in the evening, especially about my own projects and ideas.
-In the morning, I am usually the opposite. Much less energy and way less optimistic. If I had an idea or project the night before, I usually think its the worst idea ever come morning time.
-I think my body naturally defaults to falling asleep later and waking up later. If work stopped tomorrow, within 2-3 days I would be off my work sleeping shedule and right back to staying up really late.
-Everything is always rough in the morning. My sight and hearing is sensitive, and so is my digestion. I cant eat breakfast right away or it gives me a stomach ache usually.
-Even when I get 7-9 hours of sleep, I never really wake up feeling rested. I dont think ive ever sprung out of bed. I usually feel pretty stiff.

Im not sure if this is stuff that I should talk to a doctor about, but i was mostly curious if anybody here had morning issues like me? Theres a lot of creative people on here, and i wonder especially if anybody else feels incredibly pessimistic about their own work in the morning time as I described.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

I wake up in the afternoon, thus bypassing the morning entirely. It's great.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
The morning is hard to beat, it has the sun and the birds on it's side. But I have morning wood so fair battle imo.
Go for a run before you go to sleep and you'll be more tired and sleep better.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Drinking a lot of water before bed helps. When you wake up evenyually the urge to piss will piss you off enough to have to get up
You could try this http://sleepyti.me/.
Also it could be a mentality thing too. Just tell yourself you're gonna be full of energy and get out of the bed as soon as you wake up, none of that snooze button shit, once you get used to it, it gets easier.

I wake up at the crack of dawn every morning, pull the hairs from between my teeth, and off I go.
I try to get up about 2 hours before I have to be somewhere, and I put an extra 10 minutes to transportation and setup time. So if I have to be somewhere at 8 taking 20 minutes to get there, I get up at 6 and leave at 7:30 ish. So I get a shower, drink some coffee, make some breakfast, watch Good Mythical Morning on YouTube, check through UG and Facebook, and browse dank memes.

Try messing up your sleep schedule so much so that when you wake up in the morning, you feel like you just woke up from a mid-afternoon nap. Having white window curtains helps too.

Also: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1666426&page=1&pp=20 c:
Last edited by Will Lane at Jan 8, 2015,
drink lots of water when you wake up, cold water. get urself hydrated and shit. then drink tons of coffee. like me, you have trouble eating after waking up. i usually have to wait 2-3 hours or so until im comfortable to eat after waking up but can't wait that long on weekdays because i have to go to school so i just eat something really light, a small bowl of oatmeal. if you have time, exercise in the morning. i like to take my dog for a walk, it helps wake me up and he has to get out anyways.
banned
Every morning is hard for me, I'm pretty much every dot point in that list except the first one and I always have breakfast.

Depending how old you are it might be a normal biological thing where your sleep-wake cycle is delayed. There is a scientific reason behind the stereotype (and reality!) of teenagers staying up late and struggling to get to sleep but having a hard time parting with their beds come morning.

So depending on that there may not be anything you can do. Otherwise yeah, drink water before bed, get up same time every day, keep the blinds open... I'm sure others will have better suggestions
Thanks for all the responses so far guys. I should add some more information:

-I just turned 25 yesterday
-I drink ALOT of water throughout the day (probably 8-10 or more bottles of water worth). But my body seems to have gotten used to the amount of water i drink and I also dehydrate kinda quick too. I usually have a big cup of ice water next to my bed
-i havent been exercising much lately. I know thats a typical culprit of sleep troubles, but ive had these sorts of issues even when i was an exercise machine
-i (think i) sleep pretty well. It takes me a bit to fall asleep; but i dont have apnea, dont wake up often during the night, dont snore. My girlfriend says i sleep peacefully.

Its really frustrating, but its nice too see other people have the same issues
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss

Quote by wannabestoner69

You sound exactly like me, TS. I wish I had some answers but sadly I have not had any luck yet. I've been going to bed around 5 am and waking up about 2 pm since I've been on winter break.
Take a cold shower in the morning. Quickest fix there is.

I have taken nothing but cold showers every morning for the last 2 months.
I'm reading The World as Will and Representation by Arthur Schopenhauer at the moment. I find it so hard to read that I go to sleep with my mind tired and puzzled, works well.
I get up in the morning
But mostly in the afternoon
The sun gets up to early
The moon goes down too soon
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Diet plays a big part of this. Get on a healthy diet and you'll instantly feel better. Eat oatmeal for breakfast.

If you're sitting down most of the day at your job, that's another big contributor. Consider a standing desk.

Everything comes down to a healthy digestive system. If that's good, everything else follows. If you're getting a stomach ache just from eating breakfast that would indicate otherwise...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jan 8, 2015,
It's all mental.

Try to avoid reading heavy news or logging on to social media for an hour after you wake up. Being constantly aware of disastrous (or even petty) events that are out of your control can wear you down early, and quickly. Don't be a hermit, but don't obsess about events not involving you either.

Focus on the fundamentals immediately when you open your eyes: sanitation, hydration, food, and a daily gameplan (imperative). Without a plan for the day, both the will and body grow weak.
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Yeh the struggle is real, doesn't matter how much sleep I get I always feel shit when I wake up unless I only get around 4-5 hours then I feel fine.

Problem with that though is my body catches up on me and I feel shit no matter what I do, all the time.

I've been trying new things recently but it's hit or miss as to whether I feel good or not, waking up itself is sometimes really difficult but that's not just a sleep thing.
Motivation is also a difficult thing for me at the moment.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Quote by chrismendiola
But what about battling the mourning? ~~~~ers, hit me up.

~~~ yella son

cold mourning ~~~
banned
Drink a cup of coffee to help get the poo flowing. The type of poo determines if you will have a good day or not.
Quote by Wormholes
Drink a cup of coffee to help get the poo flowing. The type of poo determines if you will have a good day or not.

I sleep through the morning
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
I sleep through the mourning

I can imagine a grieving narcoleptic; wailing, flailing & curtailing.
Quote by Wormholes

what kind of poo is the good kind?
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
what kind of poo is the good kind?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Some more info in response to some of the stuff ive read:
-my diet isnt great, but its not terrible either. I tried the whole smoothie supplements for a little while there to get a burst of vitamins and minerals that i probably wasnt getting before. But it didnt seem to make a difference. Idk though
-i already use a stand up desk when im at work. But i also work in the field too on construction sites about 50/50 (im a civil engineer), so im not exactly withering away behind a computer desk
-maybe its a mental thing... idk. I have goals and stuff for myself. But i think work is a big drag. Its like a double whammy. I hate waking up early and i hate the "get ready, go to work, sit in traffic" routine
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by pbiggie
I wake up in the afternoon, thus bypassing the morning entirely. It's great.

I do this also, but I still feel tired and not rested. Getting to work at 2pm is a struggle.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I wake up at 5am during the week for work. During summer it's easy because you wake up with natural light. Most of the time I'm awake before my alarm anyway. During the winter it's killer because it's dark and I feel like a zombie.

Generally I find it's lifestyle and routine that helps. Once I lose either my sleep goes out the window.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Download flux (twilight app for mobiles). It naturally tints your screen at the right time ike a sunset, and blocks out the blue UV lights (UVB's) that have been proven to mess up your cretaceous rhythm
meditate just before going to bed. even 5-10 mins is enough, you will wake up fresh. I m been doing it for few weeks, my sleeps is lot improved.