Hello!
I'm having an Ibanez GSA60 and I'm (trying to) intonate it, yet when working on the low -e string I can't see to go far enough with the sadle to tune it and I'm afraid the sadle comes off which I really wouldn't like. I cant get good on photo I will try when I have beter light.
Last edited by luke.geelen at Jan 8, 2015,
but it ain't great for playing if the sadle isn't solid on your guitar, its not meant to fall off while playing, btw i'm still having a massive need to intonate and probably can't make it with the short screw.
Go to a hardware store and get a new screw. Bring the saddle with you so you can find one that fits.
Quote by Roc8995
Go to a hardware store and get a new screw. Bring the saddle with you so you can find one that fits.

Probably you're best option if you want it perfect.

Out of hte 6 guitars in my house, The only guitar I couldn't intonate was a budget priced Strat knockoff that my son owns. All we could do was get it close. I guess sometimes the Chinese aren't super careful where they put the bridge on the less expensive guitars.
I'm trying to visualise what is happening. The low E string saddle is usually the furthest back on the bridge (that is, the shortest screw), so if you have run out of screw on it, what are the other five strings doing? I have had the other problem, can't get the 6th string back far enough (so I take off the spring), but I've never encountered anything like you describe.

Are you sure you are trying to intonate in the right direction? Eg, if the 12th fret is sharp relative to the open string, you need to move the saddle back.
How old are your strings? Also, is your tremolo bridge set up properly (I mean, is the bridge in line with the body)?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Jan 8, 2015,
Quote by Jeffh40
sometimes the Chinese aren't super careful

Describes almost all Chinese made products.

OT:
Also, like Tony Done, I'm trying to visualize this. And I'm failing. I've never seen anyone have to intonate the low-E string that far towards the neck.
If you're screwing it out that far, you've already severely missed your intonation on that style bridge. Bring it back to center and start again.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Tony Done
I'm trying to visualise what is happening. The low E string saddle is usually the furthest back on the bridge (that is, the shortest screw), so if you have run out of screw on it, what are the other five strings doing? I have had the other problem, can't get the 6th string back far enough (so I take off the spring), but I've never encountered anything like you describe.

Are you sure you are trying to intonate in the right direction? Eg, if the 12th fret is sharp relative to the open string, you need to move the saddle back.

back as in to the bottom or as in to the neck
Quote by luke.geelen
back as in to the bottom or as in to the neck

If the guitar is sharp then move the saddle twards the tail/butt of the guitar. If it is flat the move the saddle twards the headstock
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate