I used to have the 2x12. Such a great amp. I sorta regret getting rid of it. Nice chimey cleans, fairly versatile eq section even though it always retains it's major characteristics. The cleans are lush and thick. My only problem was that at high volumes and a lot of gain the bottom end would get loose and flabby and my sound would lose its power and stability. Most of this was probably due to it being an open back combo and me creating walls of sound with an abundance of gain, delay, and reverb. But even with that criticism, it didn't sound BAD in those conditions, just not preferable. Kept up with the other guitarist's ampeg v4 fine.

Also, the reverb is really nice. It can get very deep, and isn't super sproingy
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Do you think it would work well for a loud punky type band? I use a les paul and a turbo rat disto box.

Sounds perfect for my other smoother electro pop band though.
Nah they're either 40 or 50. I've heard conflicting accounts so I don't know which one haha.

But yeah I think it'd work well for that. Spend some time Eqing for your sound and I'm sure you'll find it will work out great
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I had the el34 50 watt head, which kicks all kinds of ass. I think they did a 6L6 combo that kyle has which is the 40 watter.

Both could pull off what the TS wants is my opinion.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.