Short version: Terrific value.

Long version: Hardware feels awesome. Pots are smooth and noiseless, tuners feel fantastic, selector switch feels plenty robust, it came set up and action is a tad low but the intonation is solid. Strung out of the box with D'Addario 10-46s. Pickups sound excellent. I was playing in Garageband and the quality of the tone shone through on every setting, even the lousy-sounding ones. The output is plenty powerful and the sustain is monstrous.

Now, I've only played guitar for about two months, but I immediately felt the difference between the Agile and my Squier. The Agile just feeeeeeels so composed and solid and everything is well placed under my fingers. It's a very well-engineered guitar.

There are a few places where you can tell it really is only $350, i.e. I found some gold paint splashed on one of the tone knobs, imperfections on the headstock and a random blemish on the fretboard, but all in all it looks just as good as it feels.

And it's heavy Heavier than my bass, I'm pretty sure.

Now I gotta learn to play it!

Agile AL-3010SE Goldtop
Carvin 4-string kit bass
Stradivarius copy cello
-><-
Hot. I need to get an Agile one of these days. My Gibson only weights 10.5 pounds, I’m hoping Agile can do better…12 pounds, maybe?
Congrats. Attractive guitar and looks well put together. Not to mention the great price.
Quote by jpnyc
Hot. I need to get an Agile one of these days. My Gibson only weights 10.5 pounds, I’m hoping Agile can do better…12 pounds, maybe?

Does your shoulder ever hurt?
Congrats
Welcome to the Agile club.
Be sure to tell Gibson owners yours is better. They just love that
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by jcarlos007

Haven't played for an extended period of time yet, but haven't had trouble with my bass.

Could be all the cello playing; works that left shoulder muscle reeeeeeal good.
Agile AL-3010SE Goldtop
Carvin 4-string kit bass
Stradivarius copy cello
-><-
Quote by offrhode92
And it's heavy Heavier than my bass, I'm pretty sure.

yeah, that's my only real beef about agile guitars.

they weigh a metric ****ton.

congrats on the goldie!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Congrats! I had a 2000 goldtop with P-90's that I kinda regret giving away. Yeah, those suckers are definitely heavy
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jcarlos007

It’s fine if I use wide leather straps. But I can’t use a heavy instrument with nylon straps. They just fold over and dig in and that hurts after about five minutes.
So get a load of this. I had a 60hz buzz that seemed abnormal to me (my strat was dead silent in position 2 and 4, but the Agile had a hum? WTF?) so I took a look in the cavity. It seems the red and white wires are supposed to be chummy but they're not.

Agile AL-3010SE Goldtop
Carvin 4-string kit bass
Stradivarius copy cello
-><-
Quote by gregs1020
oh boy.

Yeah nevermind. TUrns out those are the wires that link both sides of the pickup together...

Shows what I know.
Agile AL-3010SE Goldtop
Carvin 4-string kit bass
Stradivarius copy cello
-><-