Hey man,

I love the the guitar tone that you chose at 0:34. It feels warm and bright at the same time. How did you achieve it? To be honest, I'm not really into metal, but I kind dig the riffs. And I really like how you composed it. It's not just one monotonous trip, but it has ups and downs. You should add a voice to that track. Oh, and the drums fit perfectly - they aren't too loud, you can hear them just right. Great work on the production of the song.
Quote by andreicristian
Hey man,

I love the the guitar tone that you chose at 0:34. It feels warm and bright at the same time. How did you achieve it? To be honest, I'm not really into metal, but I kind dig the riffs. And I really like how you composed it. It's not just one monotonous trip, but it has ups and downs. You should add a voice to that track. Oh, and the drums fit perfectly - they aren't too loud, you can hear them just right. Great work on the production of the song.

Hello!

I believe I put it on the neck pickup, routed the signal to a reverb bus, EQ'd the signal providing a Lo and a Hi cut, and boosted slightly at around the 2k mark.

Thank you very much for your kind words!
Hello

You song has a good structure and i like how you have the contrast between the verse part and then the part that kicks in around 0:30 with the lead guitar before the heavier rhythm section kicks back in. That contrast really added something else to your track rather than the heavier riffs through out.

Your lead tone is dialled in really nice as andrechristian has already said. I thought the rhythm tone sounded a little gravelly/maybe too much gain but the tone did match the overall heaviness of the track.

Good composition overall, keep them coming.

C4C - Really appreciate if you could check out my track Broken Eden and the play through over at this link https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1661773

Cheers
Starts out with a nice heaviness and not too heavy. The switch up to the lead guitar is a nice surprise and the tone is really nice. I started to figure vocals weren't gonna come in but if you chose to pursue that it could be a catchy number. Drums were good. Overall it was fine for a rock instrumental.

Thanks for the review you did.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Thx for the crit man!

The intro didnt feel too strong for me, but I love when it gets melodic at around 30 seconds. The song really picks up from there. I woulda prefered if the song just started from there tbh. Guitars sound solid. The drums dont feel the tightest. Would be interesting to see how some parts would sound with vocals. But other than that an overall cool tune!
Thanks for your review of my song.

I really like the crunchy, dirty tone of the rhythm guitar, and I really like what the rhythm guitar is doing at the beginning and at about 1:07. However I feel like once the more melodic sounding lead guitar comes in the rhythm guitar is a bit too loud and drowns it out. It makes things sound kind of confusing and muddled and hard to listen to. If you balance out the two guitars a little better I think you have a really cool sounding piece here.
Hey, fifteen year old me, that's not how you spell "Genesis"
Thanks for the crit! it does seem to be a common criticism that the song is a bit flat and needs something extra, so I'll look into that.

Now for yours, I liked it. The guitars and drums (all I could hear with these shitty speakers) were both well played and worked well together. I was particularly fond of the fast riff preceding the stacato rhythm thing.

My criticism is that it just feels like a guitar solo to me, if you're going to do instrumental stuff maybe get some keys to trade places with or try throwing in some instruments that aren't so typically used (although I appreciate that this is hard to do!).
Thanks for the crit man! First thing I would suggest is double tracking the rhythm guitar to get it sounding really thick (unless you are doing? It kinda sounds like you do at points). This isn't really my kind of metal, but saying that I really like the riff at 0:45, kinda reminds me of the band Death. The song flows between parts nicely, and the outro is sick. Would like to hear it with some nice production and good vocals. On a side note your other song resistance sounds beastly!
Hey man,

You need to be a little wary of your timing in the first part, its not often but sometimes the rhythm guitar comes out of time. As for struture, its structured pretty well. You should branch out more! In terms of soloing, theres a whole 24 (or 22) frets of neck to explore, so make use of it! You use your ideas pretty well, there were parts where the idea comes back and the lead interacts with it and that makes a piece interesting.

Some C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1666905