I'm using Mozilla FireFox browser and I keep getting popup windows and tabs on everything from hookup websites to jewelry stores and anti-virus programs. I have ad-blocker Plus and even pop up filter. But I don't understand why this is still happening. If anyone can help me out I would be grateful. These popups occur when I click a link to a website like youtube and even when I click the very box I'm typing in. It's very frustrating. Anybody know what's causing this?
Uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox solved most of my problems in the past.

If it persists, it might be an actual program you have installed on your computer and not know about it. Check your most recently installed programs on the computer and see if there's one you're unfamiliar with.

Anything past that is beyond me.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Get a program called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. (Just the free version.) Install it, scan for malware, ???, enjoy your malware free PC.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 9, 2015,
go find tools to scan your computer for spyware/malware. if the tool isn't able to remove it, google any filenames that the tool found suspicious and you'll probably find steps for manual removal.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Godsmack_IV
does it have the power to get rid of windows?

Does Linux have the ability to play recently released games (without screwing with WINE or another Bootstrap client)? If that were the case (hint: it's not), then I wouldn't even bother with Windows!
Everyone here but Sam is an amateur.

And me.

I focus on hardware though.

Also I can't post in a computer thread without doing this.

We have a computer thread for all questions regarding computers so if you ever need more help just look here and we will take care of all your PC needs.

Except buying the crap for you.

We don't have that much cash.

Also to stay on topic, 'MalwareBytes' is probably the most amazing malware removal program in existence.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Last edited by DamienEx1021 at Jan 9, 2015,
Actual advice incoming, brace yourself.

Got to tools and then add-ons/ extensions and see if there is anything that looks unusual and disable them.

Also check and see if there are any names on the popups ie wamjam etc, either search how to uninstall them or if you remember the date around when all these popups started appearing go to your uninstaller program and see if there are any unusual programs installed around that time.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Why would you go on hookup sites AND jewelry stores? Surely the first means you don't have to bother with the second?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by robert.gunter.5
I'm using Mozilla FireFox browser and I keep getting popup windows and tabs on everything from hookup websites to jewelry stores and anti-virus programs. I have ad-blocker Plus and even pop up filter. But I don't understand why this is still happening. If anyone can help me out I would be grateful. These popups occur when I click a link to a website like youtube and even when I click the very box I'm typing in. It's very frustrating. Anybody know what's causing this?

After running something like malware bytes go to the add ons bit on FF and look for adblock plus, works a treat.

And yes I do go to dodgy sites including here
If you really need to, you could do this:

Delete other accounts from your computer except for your infected, currently used account, and it better have admin privileges. If it doesn't have admin privileges, get on the admin privilege account and delete your infected account. Problem solved.

If your infected account has the admin privileges, create a new account with admin privileges. Then log off your infected account, log onto the new account, and delete your old infected account. Problem solved.

I did this when I had a nasty run in with Win 7. It wouldn't let me access the internet to update MalwareBytes. Of course, this doesn't work if that garbage malware has spread to other accounts/is in your systems.

I also use these add-ons: BluHell Firewall, KillJasmin, and Updated Ad Blocker for Firefox 11+. Not an ad or a pop-up to be seen.

prblm slvd
Last edited by Will Lane at Jan 9, 2015,
have you tried turning it off and on again?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
have you tried turning it off and on again?

I know you were joking, Joel...

But OP, if you have a computer virus, don't do this. You might've downloaded ransomware and/or whatever that type of virus is that won't let you reboot.

Yeah, as others have said, see if you can download MalwareBytes and keep it on your computer. If you're ever unsure about a virus removal program you don't remember downloading, just do a quick Google search to see if it's genuine. If not, don't do as it asks.
Actually, yeah, I was gonna mention how BJ is probably not the best CC rolemodel.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line