I really love to play guitarr, i do it 90% of my free time. However, because i play so much my tumb starts to hurt alot when im going to play and i cant use it, so i must use a plectrum(?) and i dont like it. Any tips on how i can make it "not hurt"? I play both electric and acoustic equally.

EDIT : Didnt know were to post this, im new sorry.
Quote by ouchies
How long have you been playing for? And do you mean your thumb on your picking hand?

I started when i was 4 but i only played til i was 8, then i quit and now i start again(im almost 17). And the hand im makeing the sounds with (not the one i hold on the bands)
Last edited by Sn0wie at Jan 9, 2015,
Not sure what you are saying.

But either way I remember when I first started playing, my thumb hurt on my fretting hand. It was just the muscles getting used to playing. I never pushed it and it went a way a few months later. I took a year break and when I started again, I felt the same discomfort. But that went away after a month.

Same thing with your picking hand. If you are new to finger picking you just need your skin to toughen up. Don't overdo it and if it hurts too much, take some time off.
Quote by ouchies
Not sure what you are saying.

But either way I remember when I first started playing, my thumb hurt on my fretting hand. It was just the muscles getting used to playing. I never pushed it and it went a way a few months later. I took a year break and when I started again, I felt the same discomfort. But that went away after a month.

Same thing with your picking hand. If you are new to finger picking you just need your skin to toughen up. Don't overdo it and if it hurts too much, take some time off.

Okay thanks, and sorry for my bad english