Hi guys. I want to buy my first distortion pedal, and I have no idea of which one I should buy.

Something to have the tone of Foo Fighters, Green Day, Blink, Nirvana... that kind of sound.

Ive searched on the Internet and the DS1 came up, but it has a lot of mixed reviews...

Thanks

PD: sorry if I wrote something bad. I have a basic level of english
What kind of guitar and amp are you using?
Gear:
PRS SE Custom 22
Ibanez RG3EX1
Gibson Gary Moore BFG
1970s ASPEN Les Paul clone
Epiphone Annihilation V
Epiphone Robb Flynn Baritone V
Jackson Dominion Pro
-
Line 6 Vetta 2
Peavey 6534+
Big Crunch One Knob
Hovercraft Dwarvenaut 20
I'd stay away from any BOSS distortion pedals ,unless your gonna mod. I know Foo Fighters and Nirvana use the Proco Rat there cheap, solid and sound great a lot of pros use them. Also you may want a volume boost for like a solo or more gain check out Bad Monkey it's only like 25€ New or I've also heard good things about the EHX soul food.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Last edited by Guitar137335 at Jan 10, 2015,
what is your budget?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Guitar137335
I'd stay away from any BOSS distortion pedals ,unless your gonna mod. I know Foo Fighters and Nirvana use the Proco Rat there cheap, solid and sound great a lot of pros use them. Also you may want a volume boost for like a solo or more gain check out Bad Monkey it's only like 25€ New or I've also heard good things about the EHX soul food.

+1 for the rat. cheap, plentiful, and decent.
I cant tell you my exact budget because I live in another country, so we dont hace the same prices.

I checked con the proco rat and I can afford it. Maybe something around the same price would be OK.

By the way, I dont want nothing "professional". Just something to practice at home.

And I have an Ibanez SA360 with an Orange Amp
Last edited by fdnsl at Jan 10, 2015,
+1 to the RAT. Very versatile sound, from light OD to saturated fuzz, all the way to incomprehensible noise. It has learning/practicing purposes and professional uses as well, I use mine for Big Muff-esque saturation.

What Orange amp do you have? You might be able to use the amp's overdrive settings boosted by the RAT to get those punchy punk tones. And when you throw the RAT's filter to the right, you'll get some grungy Nirvana tones.

Here's a $50-100 USD list, around the pricing of the RAT: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search?sB=r&Ntt=distortion#pageName=search&N=0+100504&Ntt=distortion&Nao=0&recsPerPage=20&v=g&profileCountryCode=US&profileCurrencyCode=USD
Last edited by Will Lane at Jan 10, 2015,
+3.141592653589793238462643 for the RAT.

Incredably versatile, cheep and widely available.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
i was going to say a ds1 might actually be alright for that type of stuff (or the cheaper, but almost identical, digitech hot head), but if you can afford a rat it's way nicer.

mooer does a pretty nice clone too, might be a little less money, the black secret. also has a switch to go between rat and turbo rat sounds (i'm guessing it switches from diodes to LEDs for the clipping).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?