Page 1 of 5
I'm an atheist and I'm interested in what christians think of atheists.

Because i don't think anything good or bad about christians, I'm neutral.

I have had so much shit thrown at me for being an atheist, i also support gay marriage (It's not my concern whose wiener goes up whose but and who live together).

Do christians somehow value atheist less or what is on their mind regarding atheists?
Quote by one vision

You wouldn't dance to a metronome.

On meth you would.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Jan 10, 2015,
I'm a Christian and I delight in the fact that I'll one day be laughing at you all when I'm in heaven and you'll be burning in hell
superman is killing himself tonight
To the atheist

Quote by Baby Joel
I'm a Christian and I delight in the fact that I'll one day be laughing at you all when I'm in heaven and you'll be burning in hell

Dat Christian world-weariness
People complain about circlejerk threads now, but y'all don't remember that "Creationism vs. Evolution" travesty.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
They don't give a shit unless you're a dick about it and are constantly questioning their beliefs.

But if they tell me evolution is a lie and the world is 6,000 years old or some shit I'm definitely going to call them out on that depending on what situation we were in.

Basically most of the time Christians beliefs are harmless and you shouldn't bring it up or question them as they are perfectly nice, normal people. It's only when their views start infringing on the rights of others (gay marriage, abortion, teaching creationism in school) is when you should call them out on it. I think most Christians probably have the same view about atheists.
Quote by ErikLensherr
People complain about circlejerk threads now, but y'all don't remember that "Creationism vs. Evolution" travesty.

oh i remember alright. what has been seen cannot be unseen

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
some are ok

some are assholes

to avoid this risk i avoid discussing my religious views
Quote by EndTheRapture51
But if they tell me evolution is a lie and the world is 6,000 years old or some shit I'm definitely going to call them out on that depending on what situation we were in.

It's funny because when Darwin introduced the theory of evolution, It was considered as a part of God's plan and generally accepted
No idea if they hate atheists. But going by Ireland I'm pretty sure they hate other, slightly different christians.
but seriously, I love atheists. The more there are, the more people burn in hell, and the less crowded heaven gets
Quote by Baby Joel
but seriously, I love atheists. The more there are, the more people burn in hell, and the less crowded heaven gets

Hell is the place that likes sex, drugs, rock n roll right? Ok good. I'm sticking with atheism. I don't mind the crowd, i'll start a mosh pit.

The devil is super chill anyway. Why would he punish me for doing all the things he likes/encourages? Surely i'll get a gold star and a hooker?
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Jan 10, 2015,
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
Hell is the place that likes sex, drugs, rock n roll right? Ok good. I'm sticking with atheism. I don't mind the crowd, i'll start a mosh pit.

The devil is super chill anyway. Why would he punish me for doing all the things he likes/encourages? Surely i'll get a gold star and a hooker?

I feel like you don't understand hell. You should read the bible more you heathen
Quote by Baby Joel
I feel like you don't understand hell. You should read the bible more you heathen

What is it? Is the devil a proxy who gave up free will and it's actually god doing the punishing? I thought he loved me? What a bastard.

Or does the devil hate me cos i was made in god's image, which he hates, so he'll sacrifice having a killer party with me and spiting god just so he can hate on me for eternity?
Quote by USCENDONE BENE

insert joke about Arsenal having the defensive line from hell

olololoololoololololololool
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JamSessionFreak
What happened to carmel anyway?

she was in a horrible traffic accident

there were no survivors

inb4 ban
Quote by I.O.T.M
Oh shit, yeah I remember that.

A true thread from this site's glory days. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295169

Christ on a bicycle dinosaur
Quote by Dregen
she was in a horrible traffic accident

there were no survivors

inb4 ban

lolmnt banned her to execute his plan.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by chaoticfables
i agree so much ts being an atheist is so tough in this day and age!!!

Over here in Germany and England (and likely France), not at all. In fact, many seem to avoid talking about their belief in God publicly, because they're afraid to appear a bit immature.
Can any and all atheists bellow the age of 18 please not post in this thread. The couple of clueless ones above are already embarrassing enough. Knarr and USC please get used to sarcasm and how it's used on the internet.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Jan 10, 2015,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Can any and all atheists bellow the age of 18 please not post in this thread. The couple of clueless ones above are already embarrassing enough. Knarr and USC please get used to sarcasm and how it's used on the internet.

Mr. Grumpycat
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Mr. Grumpycat

m8 i dont want to go back to being equated to r/atheism the second i metion my beliefs. it's simple self-preservation

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
m8 i dont want to go back to being equated to r/atheism the second i metion my beliefs. it's simple self-preservation

Who cares?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
OK, let's be serious for a moment.

I think many base their opinions about religious people/atheists on what they see in the internet. I'm sure most Christians are normal people just like most atheists are normal people. The only thing that makes them different is that Christians believe in God, atheists don't. But in the internet you always see these @sshole atheists that try to prove religions wrong and think their opinion is the only right one, and then there are these @sshole Christians that shove their beliefs down your throats.

I actually think most people think believing in a god is a bit "outdated". At least here in Finland. Yeah, most people belong to the church but that doesn't mean they are religious. They may just want to support the church because (at least in Finland) it does a lot of good things. Or then it's just a "habit" - you are just "supposed" to belong to the church.

I belong to the church and I would say I'm an agnostic. I have nothing against religious people and atheists (as long as they aren't extremists). As long as you keep your beliefs/disbelief personal and respect the fact that people have different views, it's OK.

So to answer your question, I would assume that a lot of religious people also get a lot of shit from atheists. And that's why they assume that all atheists are like that, just like some atheists think Christian = WBC and Muslim = terrorist.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Jan 10, 2015,
Quote by Neo Evil11
Who cares?

The Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band & Co. Which apparently means me.

sorry, I can handle a lot of things but being called a redditor is not one.

#jenesuispasredditard

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Suit yourself, it's the only place where MRA is taken seriously. I owe them a lot.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by MaggaraMarine
OK, let's be serious for a moment.

I think many base their opinions about religious people/atheists on what they see in the internet. I'm sure most Christians are normal people just like most atheists are normal people. The only thing that makes them different is that Christians believe in God, atheists don't. But in the internet you always see these @sshole atheists that try to prove religions wrong and think their opinion is the only right one, and then there are these @sshole Christians that shove their beliefs down your throats.

I actually think most people think believing in a god is a bit "outdated". At least here in Finland. Yeah, most people belong to the church but that doesn't mean they are religious. They may just want to support the church because (at least in Finland) it does a lot of good things. Or then it's just a "habit" - you are just "supposed" to belong to the church.

I belong to the church and I would say I'm an agnostic. I have nothing against religious people and atheists (as long as they aren't extremists). As long as you keep your beliefs/disbelief personal and respect the fact that people have different views, it's OK.

So to answer your question, I would assume that a lot of religious people also get a lot of shit from atheists. And that's why they assume that all atheists are like that, just like some atheists think Christian = WBC and Muslim = terrorist.

Strange, it's the exact opposite over here. It's commonly accepted that a large portion of the population still believes in a god but supporting the Church is a no-no even for a lot of religious people or rather people of faith.

Generally the Church is accepted as a vile and delusioned institution and faith is preferred to be a personal and private matter. Hell, half of my relatives say they have a certain degree of faith but openly despise the Church.

But then again, history comes into play a lot - the Church has a lot to answer for in this parts and even in the most recent years it sometimes pulls shit that damages it's reputation with the public.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by Neo Evil11
Suit yourself, it's the only place where MRA is taken seriously. I owe them a lot.

yo I ain't touching this with a 30 ft pole

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
not even truly an atheist, but i have to hear shit from my family every other day.

shut the **** up, family.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by JamSessionFreak
yo I ain't touching this with a 30 ft pole

You don't support men's rights?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by JamSessionFreak

i'm older than you, you complete mong. I'm clearly trying to start a fight so shut your goddamn pie hole and go back to living in your second-rate, third-world eurotrash pile.
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
i'm older than you, you complete mong. I'm clearly trying to start a fight so shut your goddamn pie hole and go back to living in your second-rate, third-world eurotrash pile.

#shotsfired
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 5