Hey there.

I´m about to experiment with pickups in two of my axes. In the first one I have EMG 81x in the bridge and 85x in the neck position. In the second one I have EMG 81 in the bridge and 60 in the neck. Both axes have 2x volume and 1x tone pot.

I would like to to this:

Put 60 in the bridge (yes!) and 81 in the neck of the first guitar
and
put 85x in the bridge (sure!) and 81x in the neck of the second one.

AND THE QUESTION IS:
Can I leave all the components in the original guitars or do I have to move them to the new positions in the new instruments together with the pickups?

Thank you all in advance for your replies.
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....
It will work without swapping over all the electronics.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
It will work without swapping over all the electronics.

Confirmed. The emgs should have quick connects (I wish all pickups did this). Also- I have emg-60 in the bridge of my ltd ec 1000. Its pretty good, but it wasnt revolutionary.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Yeah you can simply unscrew the pickup ring, unplug the pickups and plug them in the new position, the wiring will be the same so you don't have to change any - I can vote for the 85 in the bridge, did it in an Epi custom LP and definitely preferred it over the 81.
Thank you guys, you gave me the answers I was hoping for!
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....