i started to learn sweep picking a long time ago but i had no idea what i was actually doing and what i am supposed to do so i left it and started concentrating on other techniques

so this is what i know about sweep picking and i don't know how much of it is correct:-

we play some random arpeggio pattern with left hand and with the right hand we pick those notes cleanly while keeping the accuracy of music alive. then gradually increasing the speed of it. but what i am really confused about is what exactly we do with the right hand?

and these are the things i currently have to learn sweep picking:- i remember all the notes on fretboard and i know what notes i am playing, i can form leads by listening to a lick but i am still not too good at it, i know how chords are formed from key and how to form scale
and most importantly- time, patience and confidence like hell
i can also find key of any song within seconds by listening to it and i also know those normal strumming techniques and patterns and that chords switching (but i guess these two won't be needed)

i have provided all the info here (relevant or not) because i have no idea what i am getting into
please help
Quote by MohitSaxena.844

and these are the things i currently have to learn sweep picking:- i remember all the notes on fretboard and i know what notes i am playing, i can form leads by listening to a lick but i am still not too good at it, i know how chords are formed from key and how to form scale
and most importantly- time, patience and confidence like hell
i can also find key of any song within seconds by listening to it and i also know those normal strumming techniques and patterns and that chords switching (but i guess these two won't be needed)

So you know a lot more than me about teoric (and possibly practice, too), heh.
If I understand your question, you don't know what to do with the right hand at increase the speed for an arpeggio, right? If so, then just you picking faster. Was this the doubt?
Hi man, as far as your right hand goes. First of all start with some 3 string arpeggios just to get the feeling of what it means to sweep. Sweeping is moving with your pick in one direction only (basic stuff) and usually playing only one note per string (usually). the trick is that all the notes on the way up and down should be played with one sweep not with the individual picking down up down up. you have to connect all the notes and not interrupt you're right hand picking. there are a lot of cool vids on youtube explaining what u have to do.