thinking of buying a bass. maybe spend a few hundred bucks. dont mind used, have actually been look at ibanez sr models as far as used goes and squier vintage modified jaguar special interests me for 200 bucks. im mostly into metal but i also listen to others types of music. i might just use amplitube 3 or guitar rig for a bass amp, or just grab some used bass amp with a 12 inch speaker. there are some affordable sr800s i was looking at for like 200-250. any help or thought would be helpful. in the midwest, usa btw, thanks again.

another question i had is whats the difference between the squier troy sanders jaguar and the vintage modified special jaguar. is it worth $100 difference?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Jan 10, 2015,
Both Ibanez SR and Squier VM are basses that people usually recommend in that price range. I would suggest trying both and also listening to their sound. Pick the one that feels better in your hands/sounds better. I would guess the Ibanez has more variety of sounds. But the Squier may sound a bit more "classic" and I would also guess it's more simple than the Ibanez (more plug in and play kind of a bass).

I don't know about the differences between the Troy Sanders signature and the regular one. I checked the specs and they looked pretty similar. What makes the signature model more expensive is most likely the fact that it's a signature model.

Also, going used will get you a better bass for a cheaper price.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
ordered the squier matt freeman bass.
Ibanez Rg 321mh