Suggest me some good metal bands that I can book in the range of 6ooo-7000USD in a short term notice of 10-15 days. A djent or progressive band will be icing on the cake. Also, how much will bands like The Contortionist or Intervals demand?
PS: It's urgent!
The Joshua Garcias
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Sorry.

Try to get Jethro Tull. They won a Grammy award for being a bad ass metal band back in the late 80s.
Why didn't you take care of this weeks ago? You can't book a band in that short a time, especially not for that kind of money. Simply put... asking a band to play a show in 10-15 days will make you look like a dummy that didn't know what they were doing. This means either bands will not want to work with you at all (who wants to work with a dummy that doesn't know what they're doing?) or the band will take advantage of you because they've got you desperate and will charge something stupid high.

Also the thing you have to keep in mind is that you need time to make an offer, accept the offer, and get contracts signed. Because you would have to be nuts to either make a band an offer for that much without a contract and the band would have to be nuts to accept it. That can take days, maybe even weeks to do.

And that means that you have to find the band... make and get the offer accepted... and get contracts signed. And that means you better have the contract all done up already with only the names, numbers, and dates to be added. And that's all before you can start actually doing the details of the show (like promoting and stuff) because that all has to be locked in before you can do anything else.

Also a national signed act probably wouldn't take anything near that low even if you were coming to them in a reasonable amount of time unless they just happened to be looking for a show to play in that area at that date.

I'll be honest... you don't really seem to have any idea as far as booking stuff for shows go. You're asking for something pretty unrealistic to begin with... but you also don't seem to have an idea how the game works at all.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Agreed, I'm a noob at it, and I can surely delay the dates of the concert. Any suggestions now?
Quote by Neurotoxic
Agreed, I'm a noob at it, and I can surely delay the dates of the concert. Any suggestions now?

That's definitely the right call. Absolutely nothing ever could possibly hope to work out well if you rush things like that.

Well for starters... make sure that you can have somebody that can get contracts done. If you are booking for a venue, they would potentially have someone. If you're doing it privately having an entertainment lawyer will be needed. The contract has to be good so that nobody gets screwed from either party.

After that... you're probably not going to be able to get anyone off tour for that kind of money. So look at where bands that you might like are touring. Find bands that are coming to that area that don't have a date.

Also what city are you near? If you are very close to a major city (within an hour or two driving distance) you could likely get bands that are currently not doing anything. The problems arise when you try and book bands for things where they have to travel... considering that it is at least overnight, and hotels and airfare will cost them quite a bit, and plus it's inconvenient... so you are far more likely to get a "no" or have them demand a lot more for their troubles.

Just curious though... what is the point of this show? Trying to make money? Just like a "for fun" concert for like school or something?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
For my college fest. Travel charges/accomodation/food will be taken care of by the institute. And we have 7 grands on top of that. The place is India.
Quote by theogonia777
You can't book a band in that short a time, especially not for that kind of money. Simply put... asking a band to play a show in 10-15 days will make you look like a dummy that didn't know what they were doing.

Not true, I asked Insane Funeral to play my birthday party in my backyard and the band gladly obliged. Nice guy, that Mr. Funeral.
Quote by Neurotoxic
For my college fest. Travel charges/accomodation/food will be taken care of by the institute. And we have 7 grands on top of that. The place is India.

7000 bucks? For a band from most likely the US or Europe to go to India for?

man, hate to break it to you....but that's not happening in a trillion years.
pinga
Is djent/progressive metal even a popular thing in India? I hate to be the one who suggests something that the OP doesn't inquire, but if you're booking a show for a varied group, you might want to cater to their tastes more.
Yep! People here are craving for some periphery-ish thing. We hosted tesseract and monuments, veil of maya last three years. This time we ****ed it up. So was looking for some help.
Tell you what mate, ill convince my band The Faceless to travel to India and do this show for you. Since we're not currently touring and have never been to India, ill do it for 10,000 if you can manage it. This is more than fair considering there's 5 of us. let me know if you're interested
pinga
Shit... international is a whole huge can of worms. That's a lot to ask for a band, since that means you're almost certainly not getting a local band off tour (unless you want a metal band from India) and you're probably not getting much on tour. Then you consider the kind of preparation that the band has to go through such as getting passports, vaccinations, planning to have someone take care of their cat, etc.

That all significantly complicates things.

On the plus side, the school will have no problem handling anything on the legal side of things.
haha! Stop trolling mate. We already had the faceless in 2012 :p
Last edited by Neurotoxic at Jan 10, 2015,
Uh yeah bands that don't reside in India aren't going to go there for 7k. It would take them more than that to ever get there.... Besides I thought you guys were into deathcore like's it's still 2006 or something. Maybe you can get mitch lucker to play.
Quote by Neurotoxic
Yep! People here are craving for some periphery-ish thing. We hosted tesseract and monuments, veil of maya last three years. This time we ****ed it up. So was looking for some help.

Just curious, but how much did you pay those bands?
I don't remember exactly "Mr.Curious", but I guess it was net cost(accomodation and stuff)
Quote by theogonia777
That's definitely the right call. Absolutely nothing ever could possibly hope to work out well if you rush things like that.

Well for starters... make sure that you can have somebody that can get contracts done. If you are booking for a venue, they would potentially have someone. If you're doing it privately having an entertainment lawyer will be needed. The contract has to be good so that nobody gets screwed from either party.

After that... you're probably not going to be able to get anyone off tour for that kind of money. So look at where bands that you might like are touring. Find bands that are coming to that area that don't have a date.

Also what city are you near? If you are very close to a major city (within an hour or two driving distance) you could likely get bands that are currently not doing anything. The problems arise when you try and book bands for things where they have to travel... considering that it is at least overnight, and hotels and airfare will cost them quite a bit, and plus it's inconvenient... so you are far more likely to get a "no" or have them demand a lot more for their troubles.

Just curious though... what is the point of this show? Trying to make money? Just like a "for fun" concert for like school or something?

Wtf happened to you? Some kind of new years resolution to stop being a dickhead?
this