i need an amp for band practice and, ultimately, small gigs. I'm after a Classic Rock sound and have pedals should I need anyhting else.

I only have a budget of £250.

What do you reckon I could get in my budget?

Thanks.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350M
Ibanez JS100
Fender Strat

Amp:
Fender Blues Jr
Fender Champion 600
Washburn Southside

Effects:
POD HD300
Marshall Guv'Nor
Big Muff
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer PH9
Cry Baby Wah
Jet city 2ch 20w combo or peavey vypyr tube 60.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
jet city is hard to beat for the money but i've only tried the more modern-voiced one. they have a more vintage-voiced head coming out (if 20w is enough) that might be worth a look. (I haven't tried it, though.)

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca20hv.htm

EDIT: you need a cabinet as well... can you up the budget slightly? thomann has this for £80. http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g112vintage.htm

if you can't no worries, we'll think of something else. (maybe just one of the jet city combos)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 11, 2015,
That Jet City head looks nice and I already have a cab

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350M
Ibanez JS100
Fender Strat

Amp:
Fender Blues Jr
Fender Champion 600
Washburn Southside

Effects:
POD HD300
Marshall Guv'Nor
Big Muff
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer PH9
Cry Baby Wah
never tried one but i think the word on the net was that they were like higher wattage fender blues juniors? no idea how well they're built, though. and i think you can only plug into an 8 ohm cabinet (which might stymie the idea if your current cab isn't 8 ohms). the jet city is probably the safer option... but then i'm assuming the new lower gain one is built as well as the older ones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I know there is little love for them on these forums (lots of opinions from people who read stuff and repeat it rather than actually playing through the gear before they form an opinion) but marshall AVT275. 2X75w stereo hybrid. Nice and loud, great cleans. Actually one of the very best amps I have ever owned. Get em on ebay for about £150.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Vox AC4, AC4TV-BL(top boost circuit), I think they are making a limited edition AC4 with a 12" speaker as well. The ZT lunchbox is really small but really, really loud! but probably need a pedal for OD. Depending on where you live maybe a good deal on a used Fender Pro Junior or the new Vaporizer. Laney CUB series may be worth a look. Lots of options, the ZT lunchbox is worth a look a really neat, well built little amp.
I SEE A BAD MOON RISING
I SEE TROUBLE ON THE WAY
^ that won't be big enough if you want cleans to be heard over a drummer.
Quote by crackerjack123
2X75w stereo hybrid.
It's not really hybrid.
More of a solid state amp with a pre tube for marketing, where the tube does close to nothing.
Quote by crackerjack123
Actually one of the very best amps I have ever owned.
What amps have you owned?
Just out of curiosity.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.