I've recently got into different stuff musically and am changing most of my rig up to compensate and was wondering about what kinda stuff to go for.

I was into that generic 'indie' stuff a lot, think a Tele going into an AC30 Type amp but I'm much more into 'grungey/ some punky' kinda stuff now (cringy I know but that's the kinda description it has) think Nirvana, Dinosaur Jr, Husker Du, Pixies kinda sound however I'm not trying to copy anybodies rig and sound 100%

I basically want to strip down my pedals and sort out some amp stuff in order to hopefully start a two piece project with a drummer I know and am looking for a 'big' sound if that makes sense but I'm on a budget still since I'm still only a teenager.

I have a Gibson Les Paul which is my main guitar which I love and won't be replacing anytime soon, however I'll be changing out the pickups on that but I know exactly what I want and will buy them (PAF and Super Distortion) when I have the money spare. That's last on my list.

Also got a Jagstang but that's purely as a tribute to Cobain and it's unlikely I'll be using that at any point really, despite my love for it.

Amp wise, I'm left with a broken Laney VC30 which I'll be selling for around 250 when it's fixed.

I just bought an Orange Micro Terror for ridiculously cheap and don't really care about whether people like them or not as I like the tone even if it's a one trick pony. But this will likely not cut it for my two piece type thing so will hopefully have money to upgrade to a Tiny Terror or other.

But I need a cab and am completely undecided as to what.

I'm also wanting to revamp my pedalboard to be a lot simpler as it's just too much for me to handle atm tbh. I have a Big Muff std., a modded boutique tubescreamer, a DS-2, SD-1, EVH Wah, A chorus, Phaser, Compressor, Delay and a couple more.

Any suggestions on what to build my rig to be was thinking something like this:

LP > Small Pedalboard of a good quality small Fuzz, one dist/od, delay, one other > Guitar amp, A/B with a Vox Bass combo I have

Any thoughts on a cab and maybe a good fuzz and better delay than my current Dr Tone pedal.

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
well there are avatar, splawn, carvin, and this guy. avatars are great. splawn may be more boutique quality but the price they want isnt bad. carvin is a solid product for pretty darn cheap really. it will be way better than some bugera tyep BS you would get out of guitar center. even the steve vai branded cabs - a 2x12 for 400 with celection v30s? still solid. has a tilt back stand or comes in a vertical option, and the grille is a steel mesh...which is actually very nice. durable. no rips. i like it. the other v3 types are like 200,250 and 300 for the 1x12s and 2x12s. 250s for a loaded 2x12 is dirt cheap. avatars are coming in around 400 loaded with celestions.

http://www.trmguitarcabs.com/index.html

i say keep the muff and another type of overdrive, delay, and wah, kill the rest. i personally like a good reverb which can help add a bigger sound. my TC trinity V1 (TC modded hall of fame) is incredible.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Last edited by ikey_ at Jan 11, 2015,
The old DOD Grunge pedal would be a nice pedal to get some dirt from. It gets much heavier than the name suggests and it does have a fuzz quality to it They run $20-$30 used here so I'd imagine they are fairly cheap in the UK.

As for a cab, you can't beat the Harley Benton G212 Vintage for the price in Europe they are hard to beat. You might check out Roadkill cabs they do custom cab/speaker selection and are pretty reasonable
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The old DOD Grunge pedal would be a nice pedal to get some dirt from. It gets much heavier than the name suggests and it does have a fuzz quality to it They run $20-$30 used here so I'd imagine they are fairly cheap in the UK.

As for a cab, you can't beat the Harley Benton G212 Vintage for the price in Europe they are hard to beat. You might check out Roadkill cabs they do custom cab/speaker selection and are pretty reasonable

Those roadkill cabs look great but tbh for the price of an unloaded Roadkill 212 is what I was looking at paying for a loaded one...

Quote by Pacifica Ocean
Those roadkill cabs look great but tbh for the price of an unloaded Roadkill 212 is what I was looking at paying for a loaded one...

Then get the HB 212 cab it has V30's and it is 153 quid
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah if you're on a budget the harley benton V30 cab is hard to beat. i think orange mostly uses v30 speakers too, so with any luck the speakers should suit the amp too.

i'm not too well up on that type of music but I'd maybe hold off on the dirt pedals until you have the new amp, since different amps react differently to different pedals. Of course, if you more or less know what amp you want, you can always start trying out pedals with that amp in shops.

i don't think the tiny terror has an fx loop? that might be a pain if you use a lot of delay with amp dirt (though some people don't mind). you'd want to check that out too before buying the thing. plugging delay into the front of a dirty amp can sound too muddy for some.

(if you want an analogue delay there are some good deals on that vox double deca delay (for £70 I think) but I haven't tried it. It can do modulation too so maybe it could cover both the delay and chorus effects in one pedal. that new seymour duncan delay looks like a similar idea, but is a bit dearer. haven't tried it either.)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Any other reason for getting rid of the Laney? I've never actually played one for myself, but if it's similar to a AC30, then it should be able to cover what you want pretty well; you just have to rind the right distortion/overdrive pedals.

I'd look at a Boss OD-1X., for you drive tones. It has quite a bit of gain on tap, and sounded awesome into my AC30.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by red.guitar
Any other reason for getting rid of the Laney? I've never actually played one for myself, but if it's similar to a AC30, then it should be able to cover what you want pretty well; you just have to rind the right distortion/overdrive pedals.

I'd look at a Boss OD-1X., for you drive tones. It has quite a bit of gain on tap, and sounded awesome into my AC30.

It's really unreliable, it's an older model, plus it's just not what I'm looking for. I've moved past a crystal clean sound tbh

Quote by Pacifica Ocean
It's really unreliable, it's an older model, plus it's just not what I'm looking for. I've moved past a crystal clean sound tbh

Fair enough. I just did a google search of the bands that you listed that I'm not familair with, and it seems they all, for the most part, use really clean amps (Vox, Fender) and drive them with pedals. That's kinda what I expected, and why I suggested it earlier. If thats the tone you're going for, I'm not really sure how else to direct/help you.

If you like the Orange, then pick up that HB cab. If you can, hold onto the pedals until you get the amp/cab straightened out, then weed out the ones you aren't using, to make room for something new. Use what you have as a starting pt.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by red.guitar
If you can, hold onto the pedals until you get the amp/cab straightened out, then weed out the ones you aren't using, to make room for something new. Use what you have as a starting pt.

Yeah. The pedals he already has are pretty decent, I wouldn't just bin them out of hand because they might be exactly what he wants.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?