Hey I have recently a problem when I press down against my frets the little sound it makes it gets amplified. Is there something I can do to prevent it Because it is really annoying with most songs.

Greetings Pygesux
What sound are you talking about? Also, not sure if this is just the way you're saying it, but you shouldn't be pressing against the frets themselves. You "fret" a note by pressing the string down between the frets. Not directly on them.
I'll try turning down my gain, but if it's low I don't get distortion I want. Is there a way to achieve this without gain on max? And I press down right after the fret.
I believe TS is talking about the somewhat faint sound of what sounds like a half-assed hammer-on resulting from fretting before picking.
I have tested the gain theory and it works, but now I don't have the distortion I need for the songs I am trying to learn.
If you can put up with the "sound" for a while as your playing gets better - more fluid and comfortable - you won't notice the sound because your fingers will work faster and you won't have those long delays between fretting the note and picking the string. Also you could try not pounding down on the string so hard with for finger - again something that improves with practice and skill level.
Okay I will try that. I do have one more thing and that is can I use a distortion pedal instead of a high gain? Will this fix it as well?
Quote by pygesux
Okay I will try that. I do have one more thing and that is can I use a distortion pedal instead of a high gain? Will this fix it as well?

Not likely. It sounds like the music you want to play requires heavy distortion. Nothing wrong with that, but it certainly does require more finesse while playing, to avoid having extra noises resulting from the high gain amplification of the mechanical (non-musical) sounds reaching your pickups. It's really just gonna be a matter of practice. As you get better, two main things will happen that will fix your issue: You'll play with a lighter touch, so you don't make so much of a noise just by fretting notes, and eventually both your hands will get better synced up, rhythmically, so you'll be fretting notes at pretty much the exact moment that you pick them, with no delay in between. That way, if there is any unwanted sound coming from the act of fretting, it'll be more than drowned out by the sound of the picked note, and you won't even hear it anymore.