Page 1 of 2
Any rum fans in here? There's a whiskey thread I so I figure we deserve a thread too!

I've recently been trying a bunch of new stuff. Kraken is pretty good. Bacardi Gold sucks. The limited edition Barcardi (forget the name) tasted really meh. Nothings as good for rum & coke as Morgans white rum!
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

It is my liquor of choice, but then again, I don't really drink liquor. I hardly drink alcohol.

This has been my contribution. Good night.
for Morgan's white rum.

I love rum though. I love whiskey too but rum is pretty much my drink of choice.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Kraken is great.
Bacardi, Bacardi Oakheart, and Bacardi 151 is great (never tried gold).
Sailor Jerry is great.

Rum is great.

Edit: ^ Oh yeah. Captain Morgan White rum is great. Though I tried I think it was Captain Morgan Lime and that tasted just awful.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jan 11, 2015,
I just recently bought a bottle of Morgan's white and I have to say I was disappointed. It was too sweet for me, and when mixed with Coke, it gave me a nasty stomach ache from all the sugar. It is okay on it's own, but I much prefer their spiced rum.
captain morgan is great, both spiced and the original dark

kraken is also good but impossible to find here

sailor jerry's is also good

Malibu/Bacardi are good, but i dont tend to order them when im out for obvious reasons
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Bladez22
Malibu/Bacardi are good, but i dont tend to order them when im out for obvious reasons
Why not? It's not obvious to me.

Except maybe Malibu because I think that's a bit more feminine. That's the impression I get, anyways.
Quote by snipelfritz

captain morgan's silver rum is tops

mix that shit with coke and you've got legit vanilla coke that gets u drunk

When I go to the bar, its always rum and coke.
Captain Morgan is good.
Bacardi Gold is meh.
I'll sometimes do Bacardi 151, but just shots of it, then chase it with rum and coke.

Add lime.
Cuba Libre baby
Kraken on the rocks is probably my favorite rum to drink straight, though.

Oakheart was the special edition shit I was talking about. I don't know if I'm a fan of Bacardi to be honest. All of it I try is either meh or bad. I only bought one of those little bottles of it near the register at the liquor store (not the tiny tiny ones, it's got like 4-5 shots in it maybe). So atleast I didn't waste a lot on the gold.

Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I just recently bought a bottle of Morgan's white and I have to say I was disappointed. It was too sweet for me, and when mixed with Coke, it gave me a nasty stomach ache from all the sugar. It is okay on it's own, but I much prefer their spiced rum.

I like Morgans spiced when I'm drinking just rum on the rocks, but white rum is for mixing. It goes well with the coke because of it's sweetness, I think. But I can see your point, it could be too sweet.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Last edited by naedauuf at Jan 11, 2015,
Quote by naedauuf
Oakheart was the special edition shit I was talking about.
I don't know if it counts as a special edition, but I love it. Despite it being kind of weak, it has a good flavor to it that I love (though I guess I can see why you say it's mediocre, considering flavor is only part of what makes rum good). Oak & Coke is great when you add just the right amount.

I'm not sure I can decide between Kraken and Sailor Jerry. They're both great. Though I might like Sailor Jerry just a tad more.
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Why not? It's not obvious to me.

Except maybe Malibu because I think that's a bit more feminine. That's the impression I get, anyways.

"I'll have the coconut drink please, with the little umbrella too"

Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Best rum mix ever.....

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I went to Dallas recently and bought some local rum that's infused with cinnamon. So it tastes like real cinnamon compared to something like Fireball. I have it with some sparkling cider. I have a large bottle of Kraken and also like Meyer's dark rum. I don't really drink anything straight though
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I cant drink rum anymore but I like Bacardi. Rum and tequila give me hangovers. I like that blue tequila that wiz khalifa drinks or whatever though

Beer > scotch > whiskey > vodka >>>>> rum
Jeey rum thread! Love me some rum. Yes to all mentioned brands so far. Bought some Myers the other day, which is pretty good as well.

Also, I've become a bit addicted to honey rum.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Jeey rum thread! Love me some rum. Yes to all mentioned brands so far. Bought some Myers the other day, which is pretty good as well.

Also, I've become a bit addicted to honey rum.

I've had terrible experiences with honey whiskey but this intrigues me
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
worst name for a rum thread mate

but yeah if you are starting to get into rum you should really look into finding a rum distillery around you, we've got one here called kimberly and they do some amazing stuff, so much better than commercial rum.

you haven't tried rum till it's 50%+ and the consistency of molasses

but yeah kraken is pretty good too
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Fat Lard
Beer > scotch > whiskey > vodka >>>>> rum

My list is

Rum > Whiskey (Irish > Scotch > Bourbon) > Beer > Vodka > Schnapps (lol gay, but good for mixed drinks) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tequila
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by caeser1156
My list is

Rum > Whiskey (Irish > Scotch > Bourbon) > Beer > Vodka > Schnapps (lol gay, but good for mixed drinks) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tequila

If liking schnapps and listening to Katy Perry is gay, then I dont wanna be straight!
any rum is good rum

well cheap rum and barcardi need cola to be good rum
but its still rum

Quote by Obsceneairwaves
worst name for a rum thread mate

idk, i can really picture a pirate saying it, i think it fits
Last edited by Ichikurosaki at Jan 12, 2015,
The first time I ever got absolutely shitfaced was on rum so I can't even smell it anymore without gagging. That is all I have to say.
I am definitely a rum guy. Most of what I am reading here is garbage. The overly commercial Captain Morgan and Bacardi's of the world give rum a bad name

My fave is a Nicaragua made rum called Flor de Cana. It comes in 5 year aged, 7 year aged and 12 year aged. I find the 12 a little thick but the 5 year is perfect.

MMMMMMM if it wasn't 7:22 am I would have one right now
If you have never checked out the Wood Brothers. Do yourself a favor and look them up. Best. Band. Ever.

Quote by genghisgandhi
orange juice and sainsbury's discount rum ftw

reading this post made an adidas track suit appear in my closet

Quote by MinterMan22

it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I'm not a rum snob, but rum and whiskey are the only liquors that I normally drink.

I'll usually buy Bacardi Superior, or Cruzan light rum. I typically use it to mix drinks, like rum and Coke. I used to like spiced rum, but I don't really enjoy it anymore.

Quote by KonaNuNu
I am definitely a rum guy. Most of what I am reading here is garbage. The overly commercial Captain Morgan and Bacardi's of the world give rum a bad name

See, I mostly just like rum and Cokes, so stuff like Bacardi works perfectly.
I'm not a fan of Bacardi, Mount Gay is pretty nice rum, I prefer the darker rum to white rum
Never was a huge fan, too sweet for me. I prefer my drinks neat(or with a bit of water) and rum just doesn't have that hot alcoholic bite whiskeys do.

I did like kraken when I got it so I guess if I were to get get rum again it would have to be dark rum. I want to try some 151 though I'd probably enjoy that.
Last edited by Wormholes at Jan 12, 2015,
Quote by guitargodofaus
Sailor Jerry is my drink of choice, it is delicious.

Old recipe was great. New one is not so great.

I don't mind the odd Havana Club with coke and lime. Kraken is great as well, along with Ron Zacapa 23.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by MinterMan22

Post of the year 2015 so far.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

you haven't tried rum till it's 50%+ and the consistency of molasses

Cruzan Black Strap.. Great on pancakes..

Barbados rum is the best.

Mount Gay (I like Mount Gay Extra Old best, Mount Gay Eclipse is a good, inexpensive rum.)
St. Nicholas Abbey (great stuff there, expensive, but well worth it)
Plantation (Barbados 5 year Grand Reserve).

Those are all "sipping rums" not rums that you would ruin by using them in a mixed drink. That's what cheap crap like Barcardi is for.

Outside of Barbados:

Jack Tar Superior..
Santa Teresa 1796 (Out of Venezuela, not really known for rum production, but an awesome rum none the less.)
Pusser’s Blue Label
Plantation Rum Jamaca

I've yet to find a Peurto Rican rum that I find drinkable (No offense to any Peurto Ricans, there may be some out there, but I can't find them)
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Jan 12, 2015,
Quote by MinterMan22

send it to me
Quote by jugglingfreak
Cruzan Black Strap.. Great on pancakes..

Barbados rum is the best.

Mount Gay (I like Mount Gay Extra Old best, Mount Gay Eclipse is a good, inexpensive rum.)
St. Nicholas Abbey (great stuff there, expensive, but well worth it)
Plantation (Barbados 5 year Grand Reserve).

Those are all "sipping rums" not rums that you would ruin by using them in a mixed drink. That's what cheap crap like Barcardi is for.

Outside of Barbados:

Jack Tar Superior..
Santa Teresa 1796 (Out of Venezuela, not really known for rum production, but an awesome rum none the less.)
Pusser’s Blue Label
Plantation Rum Jamaca

I've yet to find a Peurto Rican rum that I find drinkable (No offense to any Peurto Ricans, there may be some out there, but I can't find them)

Mount gay is pretty good, I agree!

I had a poker night at a buddies house on Saturday and his brother was drinking some kind of Cuban rum (the name escapes me), and it was REALLY good. I've never really been to the Caribbean so I haven't had much of their liquor, but what I have had has been great.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Page 1 of 2