I had a LOT of help in figuring out my first guitar mod, and what a whopper. Thanks to anyone from UG that helped, along with Alex R from Seymour Duncan's forums, and Jason Tallwood (a facebook friend) who all helped me out on this build which took 3 weeks to figure out and complete, not to mention the research before hand. Not to mention various professionals, one of which is from freeway switches who helped get the initial wiring right, except for one crucial point. A point that, as it turns out, allowed me to not have bleeding of signal to the other pots AND also fixed an issue with having to have all the pots on just a bit to get any signal at all... so thank you all from the bottom of my heart... so without further bumbling:

What is this mod?

Coil splitting WITHOUT additional switches, push/pull pots, or blend pots.

How did I split the coils?

4 pots via 2 concentric A500K/A500K pots from CTS and the 3-way switch that came with the guitar, all 4 single coils from the 2 humbuckers blendable in this.

Proof: (Sorry if it's not in HD yet... youtube is having issues with the video atm... probably not the right codec)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgWBFDA3lA
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Glad I could help. Challenges like this keep wiring up guitars fun. I'm surprised so few people helped on this project.
Gotta love the one frame that youtube chose for the still image LOL... what exactly are ya doing there fella? eh? lol "twisting some knobs?" eh? lol.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!