Okay, straight to the bill,

Im in New Zealand, where good guitars arent scarce but they dont come by too often and certainly not often cheaply. There is a guy on this facebook page for NZ guitarists who is selling a 2002 RG570 for $500 nzd. Its in fairly good shape, and for an RG570, thank god, the colour isnt shit. A bit basic, but its as much as a broke 18 year old can ask for. It has stock neck and bridge pickups with a Dimarzio X2N in the bridge. Ill post a link to the photos of him restoring/cleaning it. He did a fantastic job.

I play an RG350 and I want to get a guitar thatll basically set me for life. If this wont do it, I wont buy it. I play a wide range of genres, but on the electric Ill play from jazz to metal, basically.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10203745107367698.1073741860.1218868498&type=1

quick replies would be a godsend, I kinda have him hanging as to whether or not Ill take it
if it's legit (i don't see anything obviously wrong but it's hard to tell from pics) and in good nick (it doesn't appear to be in amazing condition, but again pics aren't ideal) then i'd say it qualifies as a "good" guitar, at least in my opinion. "for life"? Hard to answer that, but for me it probably would be. (which is not to say you can't get better guitars, but i'd say it's a "pro quality" guitar.)

i'd also ask him why he's blocked the trem. if the trem's shot that's an expensive fix.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

i'd also ask him why he's blocked the trem. if the trem's shot that's an expensive fix.

He blocked it off because he doesnt have the trem bar, and so it doesnt come with one. The trem works alright otherwise, from what I know. Finding a trem bar that fits *might* be a problem but Im sure I can find one somewhere

Edge III bar wont fit it, will it?
The trem arms are easy to find. The arm that fits my 2005 rg1570 (edge pro) is the same as the 1997 rg570.

The arm looks like #1

It's a good workhorse guitar and plays well.
Replacing the trem bar shouldn't be an issue, Ibanez has used the same bar for many of their trems.

I have a 2000 RG520, and if you get along with it feel wise, it is absolutely a lifetime instrument. Objectively, quality wise, it's pretty easily the best guitar I own, and the Original Edge is the most stable, heavy trem I think I've ever used. Better than an OFR IMO. It is just a rock solid beast.

Getting along with a guitar is the most important thing. You can have a $5000 handmade custom shop job, but if the contours and profiles aren't your preference, you won't enjoy it as much as a $500 guitar that is. Objectively, on paper, any MIJ Ibanez is a pro lifetime instrument. In your hands it may or may not be.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
@Offworld92 Thats a really good point. I ended up buying it; put a down payment and paying the rest next week, should get to me by the time the guy is back home and can send it, thanks for the advice everyone! Hopefully Ill be playing it in my next few songs to give you guys a taste of it
Quote by TommyGunUk
He blocked it off because he doesnt have the trem bar, and so it doesnt come with one. The trem works alright otherwise, from what I know. Finding a trem bar that fits *might* be a problem but Im sure I can find one somewhere

Edge III bar wont fit it, will it?

I don't think so. I think ibanez should sell the trem bar separately anyway. I got one on Thomann at one point. 2LE21B is the part number, according to this link: http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm#Trem_Parts

Quote by Offworld92

Getting along with a guitar is the most important thing. You can have a $5000 handmade custom shop job, but if the contours and profiles aren't your preference, you won't enjoy it as much as a $500 guitar that is. Objectively, on paper, any MIJ Ibanez is a pro lifetime instrument. In your hands it may or may not be.

That too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No problem Just check the link yourself in case I got mixed up
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?