What do you guys think is better and why Esp ltd or gibson les paul? Apart from the price as the gibson are nearly double in price .
Versus threads: Threads like, ?Metallica vs. Megadeth?, or ?Gibson vs. Fender? are not allowed.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames

Its not a versus thread lots of people compare guitars from different brands
"Gibson vs. Fender? are not allowed." "Esp ltd or gibson les paul" It is a vs thread. You've gotta be more specific, Theirs more than one gibson les paul model and more than one esp ltd model.
I think it's a valid question.

Perhaps the biggest difference is the accessibility of the higher frets. the EC/Eclipse has a carved out cutaway which makes it much easier to reach those higher frets. Granted I sold my EC-1000 for a new amp, it's winning feature over the Les Paul was the higher fret access. I'm not a very big guy so trying to reach the higher frets is hard on a Les Paul. My roommate plays a Les Paul though and that has never been a problem with him.

tl;dr: If you have small hands the esp/ltd may be the better guitar for you.

If you have the opportunity to play both to compare and contrast, I think the decision would be clear pretty easily.
Both of these brands make the Les Paul and the Eclipse in pretty much every possible price-range. Both ESP and Gibson maintain an identity as super-high end brands where cost is no limit, but provide a regular production line and a budget brand under a different name. You have to specify what models you are comparing, then we can help you. Examples of guitars worth comparing is the E-II Eclipse to a Les Paul Classic, or the LTD Deluxe to a Les Paul Studio as they're similar in price range (Europe).

Owning both a ESP Standard Series (equal to current E-II) and a Les Paul Deluxe and Standard (typical mid-range guitars), I can tell you they are very (very) different instruments, and not at all similar in feel or sound but perhaps slighty similar in looks due to sharing the single-cut design. They are not interchangeable instruments to me and many others, not withstanding the brand name, and the value of each depends entirely on what you are after.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I live in the UK and I do like the look of the ESP LTD guitars but I was hoping they had other higher up models but can't find any other in the local shops , I am willing to spend up to £1700.00p that is why I am wondering if I should get a gibson. I started out over 15 years ago with an Epiphone Joe Perry Boneyard, I can honestly say it has been my best and only guitar I have ever wanted to played. Now I only want to add another guitar to my collection , The only point I would say is I love playing rock , classic but over the past few years I have been playing a lot of metal .
Last edited by dazzzer30 at Jan 12, 2015,
look at the ESP line not the ESP/LTD
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
look at the ESP line not the ESP/LTD
If they is another ESP line I don't think there in the uk I have looked at most of the top guitar sites in the uk and its all ESP LTD
Most sites (even here in America) don't carry much besides the LTD line. Most likely you'll have to go to an authorized dealer and/or track a standard ESP down to see what you can find.
Quote by dazzzer30
If they is another ESP line I don't think there in the uk I have looked at most of the top guitar sites in the uk and its all ESP LTD

Yeah, there is way more than the LTD line there is the new E-II line which was the ESP standard line just a few years ago but they changed the name. These are MIJ guitars and are really nice nice
http://www.espguitars.com/
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by dazzzer30
I live in the UK and I do like the look of the ESP LTD guitars but I was hoping they had other higher up models but can't find any other in the local shops , I am willing to spend up to £1700.00p that is why I am wondering if I should get a gibson. I started out over 15 years ago with an Epiphone Joe Perry Boneyard, I can honestly say it has been my best and only guitar I have ever wanted to played. Now I only want to add another guitar to my collection , The only point I would say is I love playing rock , classic but over the past few years I have been playing a lot of metal .

Rich Tone Music in Sheffield carries the E-II Series. I am not sure how much of it they have in stock though. After ESP decided to discontinue the Standard Series and replace it with the indentical-in-all-but-name E-II-line, most of the stores that used to carry them (including Thomann) only seem to stock the LTD-line.

£1700 should get you any E-II Eclipse. The series include versions with Seymour Duncan-pickups, which are more suitable for rock than the EMG's they usually come with. The Eclipse is a much thinner body than the Les Paul (though they have done full thickness versions too), the cut-away is a bit deeper, and it has a contour at the back. Sadly, the Eclipse I seems to have been replaced entirely by the Eclipse II in the E-II-line, which does not have the 4-control Les Paul-layout, but rather three in line more like a Strat. (It was only Europe that got the Eclipse I in recent years AFAIK, which is worth noting if any American decides to join the discussion here.)
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.