Over the years, pretty much everywhere on the Internet, people have been telling me (and pretty much everybody else for that matter) what music should I listen to, what music is the best. Now I know music is subjective and I should listen to what I like, and I do, but for once I would like to hear from the most hardcore music fanbase out there, the UG, what songs and artist are the cream of the crop that will rarely be insulted and looked down upon. (Yes I know, no artist is perfect. but still) If anything, just view this as something to help broaden my music taste and steer me towards 'the right path', even though I've been listening to rock music for years, but I haven't touched upon a lot of classics and just bands that UG praises a lot.

So basically, try to give me a list of songs and artists (even for beginners, if you want) of the best songs that rock & metal music has to offer from the best (and most famous) artists. What is true music? What does exactly UG community like and encourage? Post music from all eras if you want.
I'd say Metallica's first four albums are pretty safe. Nobody seems to have much in the negative to say about them, and fans of them are rarely flamed because of it.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
At The Gates

- Slaughter of the Soul
- At War with Reality

Excellent albums from a critically acclaimed band
I believe Black Sabbath are Gods on UG. Also, Tool, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Queen are praised, I think. Anything else, any particular songs? Main point of this thread being, I wanna have a playlist full of songs (almost) nobody will dare to shit on.
Ozzy's solo work is (mostly) good, from the 80's and early 90's. Pantera, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Dio.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
Most of everything from 65-71
Main Rig:

Rickenbacker 360/12

Vox AC-15

Fender Twin Reverb

Boss CS-3
Quote by jesse1994
Most of everything from 65-71

That's what I thought. I get the feeling nothing after 80's is liked by hardcore fans.
No matter what, if you put your thoughts out there far enough and long enough, someone is going to take a piping hot dump all over them. Screw 'em! The Carpenters and Dead Kennedys? Sounds OK to me.