Hi!

Here is the thing guys. I had to clean install my computer so I've lost everything. I'm trying to get Guitar Rig 5 to work again, but I just can't figure out how these impulses work.

Last time in the same Guitar Rig, I just opened Reflektor and chose an impulse and it worked perfectly. With each IR the sound completely changed. But now, this time, nothing happens. I'm a total amature and don't really have any interest to understand how these things work, I just want to get it running as simply as it did before.

I don't know if I had any other components running besides Reflektor last time it worked, but I guess you need the basic setup to get some kind of sound out of it. So could you guys give me a short guide on what components and in what order I need to put them in my preset in order to get Reflektor running again?

Cheers!
this
Try and re-install everything.
Is everything else in guitar rig working fine?
Are the impulse responses working if loaded into something else?

Even better, ditch guitar rig and get yourself a good sounding amp sim.
Have a look at LePou's stuff (free), the softube amp rooms, bx_rockrack and scuffham S gear.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Try and re-install everything.
Is everything else in guitar rig working fine?
Are the impulse responses working if loaded into something else?

Even better, ditch guitar rig and get yourself a good sounding amp sim.
Have a look at LePou's stuff (free), the softube amp rooms, bx_rockrack and scuffham S gear.

Guitar Rig is working fine. It's me who's doing something wrong. But you know, I try anything that makes my life easier. I just want to plug the guitar in and play with some decent tones, don't care much for tweaking with the sound. Is that possible with those amp sims you were mentioning?
this
Guitar rig is for funny fx applied to clean sounds.
As soon as you distort stuff the result gets quite awful if ya ask me.

All of the amp sims I mentioned offer less fx and less amps than guitar rig, and they all sound better.

I'd say try the free ones at least.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
LePou are pretty much the go to free plugin for amp sims.

If you feel like splashing cash, also try Peavey Revalver.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I've checked LePou out in a Youtube video and it looks alright. But what program do I need to run it? It seems to be a plug-in.
this
You need a DAW ideally.

You may also use whatever vst plugin host, but a DAW would be ideal 'cause with one you could also record and edit audio among other things.

Reaper's free trial lasts forever so that's good if you wanna use legit stuff only.

If you have money to spend, download the free trial of every DAW and then get the one you like working with best.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola