http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30783324

Former detective Keith Sandy and officer Dominique Perez will face a murder charge in the death of James Boyd, 38.

Their lawyers argued the two will be cleared of wrongdoing.

The fatal shooting in March last year sparked city protests, some violent, and came amid a federal investigation into the police department's practices.

A year-long US investigation found Albuquerque police had inappropriately killed suspects and used more force on those with mental illnesses.

Protests against the city's police department happened before nationwide protests over the shooting deaths of unarmed black men and women by police in various US cities.

The Albuquerque police department has had more than three dozen police shootings since 2010.

The justice department ordered the city to reduce the use of deadly force in April, but another woman suspected of stealing a lorry was shot and killed weeks later.

Video of the incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DngOL6LokN4

Article about what was said by the officer before the incident happened:

http://krqe.com/2014/09/29/officer-speaks-of-using-force-before-james-boyd-shooting/

APD detective Keith Sandy is heard calling Boyd a lunatic, and it’s clear he spoke about using force against the homeless camper, something that was caught on a New Mexico State Police audio recording.

“This f*****g lunatic? (unintelligible) I’m going to shoot him with a (unintelligible) shotgun here in a second,” said Sandy.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Well, that video looks pretty clear cut. Can't wait to hear what excuse the police come up with for innocence on this one. The dude turned to run and got shot in the back. With an assault rifle. He was unarmed.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
jesus ****ing christ

not surprising tho, most people seem to treat homeless people as sub-human. pretty disgusting and so many people i know do it without even thinking twice about it. saying shit like "ewwwww" or "why do they have to live on the street why can't they go somewhere else", playing pranks on them, all that kind of shit.
banned
The whole thing reminds me a lot of the Kelly Thomas case from a few years back. I hate to be cynical but I honestly highly doubt any of the officers involved here will get in the least bit of trouble.
Wait when does the guy die in the video? It looks like they just shot non-lethal things at him.

/edit. nvm guess it was the first. Didn't sound like a bullet to me.
Last edited by Wormholes at Jan 12, 2015,
Is it against the law to be homeless?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Wormholes
Wait when does the guy die in the video? It looks like they just shot non-lethal things at him.

The guy with the helmet cam shoots three rounds.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Jan 12, 2015,
Quote by Neo Evil11

no but laws often pass that get pretty close. for example, my state recently passed a law banning sleeping on the sidewalks. it was obviously targeted at the homeless.
banned
No reason to hunt them down and shoot them though. Why were they doing that?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Well he had knives in his hands for some reason. Not worth shooting him with a real gun over tho
Quote by Neo Evil11

In a lot of the US it basically is
That was ****ing ridiculous. As if it wasn't enough to shoot him, some asshole shoots him again with a beanbag rifle after he lays on the ground dying for several minutes.
and we wonder where the rest of the world gets these negative maniacs-with-guns stereotypes of the US from

FOUR police officers and a K-9 unit for ONE homeless dude with a steak knife. a flashbang, three shotguns, an assault rifle and they still let the dog have a go at him. what the ****ing **** you guys? jesus christ im surprised we dont mobilize a platoon of tanks and F-16s for rouge gunmen
pinga
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
That was ****ing ridiculous. As if it wasn't enough to shoot him, some asshole shoots him again with a beanbag rifle after he lays on the ground dying for several minutes.

And as if shooting him wasn't enough, one of the shots was right in the asshole/taint. Salt in the wounds.
Quote by Wormholes
And as if shooting him wasn't enough, one of the shots was right in the asshole/taint. Salt in the wounds.

this is the real crime
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
This is pretty ****ed up. Speaks volumes about how police are trained
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by deadsmileyface
jesus ****ing christ

not surprising tho, most people seem to treat homeless people as sub-human. pretty disgusting and so many people i know do it without even thinking twice about it. saying shit like "ewwwww" or "why do they have to live on the street why can't they go somewhere else", playing pranks on them, all that kind of shit.

whats it like being friends with human trash
Quote by Thrashtastic15

not just my friends, my family too.

also thrash pls check ur PMs
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jan 12, 2015,
Quote by Thrashtastic15

Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11

In short, yes. For the most part, law enforcement tends to leave them alone, even though on paper, begging/sleeping on public property is illegal. However, there are some that take measures to keep the homeless away. You may have heard/read about the homeless prevention spikes in London strike- some of these things exist in the US. I've seen a few in NYC when I go there sometimes. Some benches have extra arm rests, but if we're honest, they exist so that the homeless don't try to sleep there.
btw, Utah has a pretty decent system set up right now, where, since 2005, they've been giving homeless people homes. Chronic homelessness has dropped by 74% since it started, and government spending on taking care of the homeless has also dropped.

so yeah, Utah has done one thing right
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by ironman1478
when did cops go from being fat guys who like donuts to looking almost like soldiers?

When they started hiring soldiers in which there's never a short supply
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by ironman1478
when did cops go from being fat guys who like donuts to looking almost like soldiers?

when the governments stopped fearing the people.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I could never live in the city. Every time I see a homeless person all I want to do is help, especially when they ask for food instead of money. Such a rough life.

And then there's the kinda person that kills them.
Quote by Baby Joel
btw, Utah has a pretty decent system set up right now, where, since 2005, they've been giving homeless people homes. Chronic homelessness has dropped by 74% since it started, and government spending on taking care of the homeless has also dropped.

so yeah, Utah has done one thing right

Seattle is also very progressive when it comes to the homeless and the services they require.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Seattle is also very progressive when it comes to the homeless and the services they require.
Seattle aso has a 15 dollar and hour min wage. SMH

Also is Seattle, with the rain and all.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
And set the dog on him after he is already down.
Si