Motorist hits 3 bicyclists, sues victim's families for emotional trauma

Page 1 of 2
GOLD

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/canadian-driver-who-hit-three-bicycling-teenagers-suing-victims-families-emotional-trauma

"Simon claimed she had only had one drink at the bar with her husband, Jules Simon, a York Regional Police officer who was following her home in his own vehicle."

"police who arrived at the scene did not suspect alcohol was a factor in the crash and Simon was not given a breathalyzer test or charged with any crime. "

"“They did not apply their brakes properly,” her lawsuit states. “They were incompetent bicyclists.”

She is asking for about $1.35 million in damages. Her husband has also filed a suit. "

godamnit toronto
uh
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
id kill her if i were the father of son who got killed, and other son overdosed.
If nobody does anything to Simon because of this, and she wins the lawsuit, then the cyclists had it coming and deserve the outcome. It really is that simple. Pouting, stamping about and crying "that's not fair" only does so much. lol.
Quote by Zaphikh
If nobody does anything to Simon because of this, and she wins the lawsuit, then the cyclists had it coming and deserve the outcome. It really is that simple. Pouting, stamping about and crying "that's not fair" only does so much. lol.

So what are you going to do then? Start a petition?

I'm going to do something about it by signing a petition! Moral high ground here I come!
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 13, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
So what are you going to do then? Start a petition?

Petitions are cute, and I'm not doing squat. This is in Canada, I'm in Florida . I'm not going to pretend to be upset, or act outraged to feign nobility. If the locals let this happen and do nothing about it (be it legal or through vigilantism), then there is nothing to discuss. Just a bunch of permutations of "damn that's fucked" and "shit's messed up".
I don't understand how she wasn't charged with a crime though, considered she killed one person, that's at least manslaughter. In fact, her husband should also be fired from the police force for letting her drive after drinking and failing to allow a breathalyzer test after the accident.
Quote by Zaphikh
Petitions are cute, and I'm not doing squat. This is in Canada, I'm in Florida . I'm not going to pretend to be upset, or act outraged to feign nobility. If the locals let this happen and do nothing about it (be it legal or through vigilantism), then there is nothing to discuss. Just a bunch of permutations of "damn that's fucked" and "shit's messed up".

Yeh u right
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Drop -D
I don't understand how she wasn't charged with a crime though, considered she killed one person, that's at least manslaughter. In fact, her husband should also be fired from the police force for letting her drive after drinking and failing to allow a breathalyzer test after the accident.

Damn. Bro. Shit. Is. So. Fucked.
Quote by Zaphikh

I know dude. I was being sarcastic and had to come from a different angle.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by Zaphikh

if people don't go out "and do something to make sure nothing happens to her" to join this woman and yourself as the literal worst the kids deserved to die and the communities deserved their grief? jesus christ
Quote by Thrashtastic15
if people don't go out "and do something to make sure nothing happens to her" to join this woman and yourself as the literal worst the kids deserved to die and the communities deserved their grief? jesus christ

...huh?

I'm not trying to be an ass, but can you rephrase that? I didn't get it.
Quote by Zaphikh
...huh?

I'm not trying to be an ass, but can you rephrase that? I didn't get it.

your post insinuates that if people don't go out and engage in vigilante justice and the woman "gets away" with what she is doing that the teenagers who were killed had it coming and deserved the outcome, no?
Quote by Drop -D
Apparently she now has PTSD too

Here's her support page: https://www.facebook.com/stand4sharlene/posts/599632080180390

at least the comments are inspiring

hate to break it to you but i have a sneaking suspicion this is not a genuine operation

"School is almost out so everyone should be careful out there while driving. Remember, you can see them before they see you."
Quote by Thrashtastic15
hate to break it to you but i have a sneaking suspicion this is not a genuine operation

"School is almost out so everyone should be careful out there while driving. Remember, you can see them before they see you."

poe's law
Quote by Zaphikh
This is in Canada, I'm in Florida . I'm not going to pretend to be upset, or act outraged to feign nobility.

im gonna save this for when the next US school shooting happens k?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Thrashtastic15
your post insinuates that if people don't go out and engage in vigilante justice and the woman "gets away" with what she is doing that the teenagers who were killed had it coming and deserved the outcome, no?

Either legal or vigilante justice, but some form of it.

If nobody does a damn thing about it, then nobody truly cares about the event or those killed in it (regardless of how long or loud they cry). I suppose it's wrong for me to say that anybody deserves anything. I don't know the lives of those affected, but that also means I don't know of anything hideous about them either. I shouldn't make folks out to be cherubs or demons, but I do know that if life goes on as usual after this event, then any noise made about the matter is purely superficial.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
im gonna save this for when the next US school shooting happens k?

Please do.

If for whatever reason, someone close to me is negatively affected by a local event and I just come to this forum crying about it, you better ram those words in my face.
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jan 13, 2015,
Quote by Zaphikh
Please do.

If for whatever reason, someone close to me is negatively affected by a local event and I just come to this forum crying about it, you better ram those words in my face.

>>> <<<

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Zaphikh

If nobody does a damn thing about it, then nobody truly cares about the event or those killed in it (regardless of how long or loud they cry). I suppose it's wrong for me to say that anybody deserves anything. I don't know the lives of those affected, but that also means I don't know of anything hideous about them either. I shouldn't make folks out to be cherubs or demons, but I do know that if life goes on as usual after this event, then any noise made about the matter is purely superficial.

glad to confirm that you are really shit.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

LMAO! Am I the only one that hopes she wins the suit? You cannot deny her hustle game

EDIT: ok even I think that was fked up
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jan 13, 2015,
Meh, you shouldn't be a stupid cyclist and should actually stop at red lights.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Thrashtastic15

This x9999.

Are you ****ing kidding me Zaphikh? This guy is right and you are a worthless piece of shit. The only person that will deserve it are the lady in this article and your dumb ass.
Quote by anthsband
This x9999.

Are you ****ing kidding me Zaphikh? This guy is right and you are a worthless piece of shit. The only person that will deserve it are the lady in this article and your dumb ass.

The cyclists deserved snow-cones, and not death. There, be at peace.

Crying will not bring them back to life. Pointing fingers will not make them come back to life. Saying what they did and did not deserve will not being them back. Calling me shit won't bring them back either. lol.

Now that that's out of the way, what is to be done? Psychoanalysis of the drivers and cyclists? Pondering what could've been, should've been? Fine, do your little game. But if these cyclists mattered to you AT ALL you would be bringing about justice, not pissing your pants about how others aren't taking the news as dramatically as you are.
Oh wow when I was joking, poe's law really was at work.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Oh wow when I was joking, poe's law really was at work.

Now imagine that one of the cyclists was the living incarnation of my projection. Would this affect any sense of righteousness/anger folks have at the situation?

Pretending to care is far worse than not actually caring at all, because pretending to care entails a massive amount of bullshit that the pretender is at peace with displaying to others. It's an ego game.
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jan 13, 2015,
dumb thread is dumb

more people should cycle instead of driving, especially in cities, the Dutch are masters of that shit and they're awesome for it
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
w0w
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Zaphikh

Please do.

Quit being an ass. Seriously, you're approaching sociopath real fast here.

OT:
How is this woman not in court right now for manslaughter?!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Quit being an ass. Seriously, you're approaching sociopath real fast here.

You know what'd be the perfect red flag for sociopathy?

Displaying heavy emotions and grief, then carrying on with life as if nothing can be done. As if to show everyone how much the event means to you although you alter no course in your life to bring justice about.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Complacency.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
OT:

Maybe proceedings in Toronto aren't based on emotions but rather on rational inquiry. They might want to prove it before they charge it.
Quote by Zaphikh
You know what'd be the perfect red flag for sociopathy?

Displaying heavy emotions and grief, then carrying on with life as if nothing can be done. As if to show everyone how much the event means to you although you alter no course in your life to bring justice about.

You don't really understand sociopathy or empathy, do you?

Quote by Lord_Doku
Maybe proceedings in Toronto aren't based on emotions but rather on rational inquiry. They might want to prove it before they charge it.

According to the law, as I understand it, they have everything they need to take her to court for it. She ran over 2 bicyclists and killed one. At the very least, that's gross negligence.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You don't really understand sociopathy or empathy, do you?

I have enough sympathy to see through bullshit. I can't empathize with this situation because I've never struck anything with a vehicle, nor have I ever been struck whilst cycling.
Page 1 of 2