My guitar developed an annoying buzz this evening, but only when I play second fret of the 5th string. All the other strings and frets sound perfectly clean.

I've been playing it for a few years now and never had any problems - and now this weird buzz just appeared.

I cleaned the string, tried to put a piece of paper between bridge and string, but it didn't help.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Sell it and buy a steel string

Seriously though... how new are the strings? The only thing I know of that could change your guitar suddenly after so long would be humidity or temperature changes, might be worth looking into that. Also check the fret, saddle, nut, etc. for any other potential issues.
Good luck getting it fixed!
start by changing the strings.

If the problem persists with new strings, bring it to a tech.
This time of year, you are likely looking at a humidity problem. The guitar has just begun to dry out, and you don't have enough neck relief.
Or.... likely due to the same thing, a fret may be popping up. Unfortunately, there's no quick fix for a dried-out instrument... Put it in it's case with a store-bought or homemade humidifier for a week or so and see if that helps.
For sure try a new set of strings and while you are changing them, thoroughly check out the nut as it will likely be the problem and not the bridge.

Yes of course humidification is suspect too at this time of year.

Good luck.

Bill G
Check the fret that's causing the problem, if you've been playing it a while you could have fret grooves. That means the frets need to be leveled and crowned, and quite often creates fret buzz in just one or two frets.

If I can get a picture to work, here's one of the worst fret groove jobs I ever did...

Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...