Is it possible for a guitar to have one single coil pickup and one humbucker pickup?
I haven't seen a guitar like this yet. Is there a guitar that has this?

Or alternately...

I wanted to have a guitar that switches between the two pickups and I found out Gibson does it with their SG's and Les Paul's (by pulling out the knob), but I don't want those specific guitars. Is there another guitar that has that feature?
Quote by DudeIsOnFire
Is it possible for a guitar to have one single coil pickup and one humbucker pickup?
I haven't seen a guitar like this yet. Is there a guitar that has this?

Or alternately...

I wanted to have a guitar that switches between the two pickups and I found out Gibson does it with their SG's and Les Paul's (by pulling out the knob), but I don't want those specific guitars. Is there another guitar that has that feature?

Of course it's possible. You can put a single coil into a humbucker hole, although it won't look pretty. I used to make my own guitar bodies & paint them, & I could make one any way someone wants it. It's easier if you use a strat-style pick guard because you can hide all kinds of routing/holes/wiring behind it.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
There's several guitars that have a combination of the 2 in some form or another from a "Fat" strat (a fender stratocaster with a humbucker in the bridge) and the countless copies to the humbucker/single/humbucker setup of the perennial favorite Ibanez RG.
You just need to look around.
You could also get one of these, too. And do like riffhog suggests.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Humbucker-Rout-adapter-ring-Fits-Strat-pickup-Straight-THREE-COLORS_p_4348.html
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
You most certainly can.

examples;

As for the switch that is called Coil Split/Coil Tap or a Series/Paralelle (Similar but noT Really the same [ coil taps are also different form coil splits] but they all do essentially the same Idea.) wiring. This is pretty simple to do and can be done on every guitar with 4 conductor |Humbucker and it's pretty common on most guitars these days.
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
That combo was real popular back in the '80s-'90s. A couple I can think of that are in production at the moment that come with the true HS combo is some of the Ibanez Joe Satriani's and the ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze (GL-200K). They all have FR style trems if that maters at all to you.

EDIT: I forgot about the Charvel San Dimas Style 1 HS. It has a hard tail bridge. You can also mod a Fender Strat for that combo to.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Jan 13, 2015,
Any guitar that has a coil split or coil tap pickup and push/pull pot will be able to do this, loads of guitars have this feature but if you can't find one you can always buy a pickup with this function and a push/pull pot and put it in the guitar you have
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
Or get a guitar that has single coils (or humbucker) and next year get the other kind.

But frankly the best bet would be split coil, even thought it's not exactly like having single coils. Or ya, depending on type of music you play, humbucker at bridge and single coil neck and middle.
Yeah loads of guitars.

which guitars with single coils and humbuckers do you want to emulate in the one guitar? there's more than one type of single coil and humbucker. if you tell us that we can start narrowing down your options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
So many examples... I honestly don't know how you can shop for guitars and not have seen that combo before. I don't think I've ever been in a guitar shop that didn't have at least a couple HSS strats.
Guitars like the Reverend Double Agent and the G&L Fallout combine a bridge HB with a neck P90 (which is a kind of oversized singlecoil).

But I suspect that the OP is looking to combine a bridge HB with a Strat or Tele style singlecoil in the neck. Well, the Charvels and Jacksons of the 80s did that quite a bit (as shown above), and there are others, too.

Licea's Sunburst is set up that way:
http://www.liceaguitars.com/guitars.htm
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 13, 2015,