hey guys i'm a new member
i love the classic guitar so much and i bought one last year

i can't have guitar lessons , and there are no chances of having lessons, so i thought about learning by my self
using books and videos
is this possible ? or you must have a teacher to teach you ?

and another thing about the guitar tuner , I've heard that having the guitar tuner will help me learn by my self since you need to tune the guitar from time to time ... is it true ? what kind should i buy that will be easy for an absolute beginner to use ? and what else will i need to buy so i can learn by my self ?

please help
thank you
Welcome!
Yes it is entirely possible to teach yourself guitar but classical guitar might be a bit of a stretch, as you will probably need to learn to read music, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a shot. start by learning simple songs (Mary had a little lamb, twinkle, twinkle little star etc.) and scales then learn how to read music, how to position yourself properly and how to use your fingers (no picks in classical) before moving on to classical.

With tuning, start by buying either a clip on or acoustic tuner and getting someone to show you how to tune or failing that, watch a video. You'll probably need to tune fairly regularly, say every time before you start playing and after every 15-20 minutes of playing.

Other than that you might want somewhere to put your guitar like a gig bag or case and maybe some spare strings in case you break one (when you break one you should change all of them). Also because it's a classical guitar, you need to buy nylon strings as steel strings may damage the neck and bridge of your guitar.

Have fun and if you ever need anything explained go here: The Acoustic and Classical Forum
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
Welcome!
Yes it is entirely possible to teach yourself guitar but classical guitar might be a bit of a stretch, as you will probably need to learn to read music, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a shot. start by learning simple songs (Mary had a little lamb, twinkle, twinkle little star etc.) and scales then learn how to read music, how to position yourself properly and how to use your fingers (no picks in classical) before moving on to classical.

With tuning, start by buying either a clip on or acoustic tuner and getting someone to show you how to tune or failing that, watch a video. You'll probably need to tune fairly regularly, say every time before you start playing and after every 15-20 minutes of playing.

Other than that you might want somewhere to put your guitar like a gig bag or case and maybe some spare strings in case you break one (when you break one you should change all of them). Also because it's a classical guitar, you need to buy nylon strings as steel strings may damage the neck and bridge of your guitar.

Have fun and if you ever need anything explained go here: The Acoustic and Classical Forum

thank you so much for answering i really appreciate it , i have another question if you don't mind , you mentioned that if i damaged one string i should also replace the other strings too ? why is that ? others are still new !
I meant if you break one string after say, a few months, the rest of them would also be ready to break. So when you replace them they all should last around the same amount of time and It sounds a lot better too. Six brand new fresh out of the pack strings sound so much better than 5 old, worn out strings and one fresh one. plus when you open the packet the strings inside are exposed to the air and unless you live in a hot dry area they will start to wear out before you put them on.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
I meant if you break one string after say, a few months, the rest of them would also be ready to break. So when you replace them they all should last around the same amount of time and It sounds a lot better too. Six brand new fresh out of the pack strings sound so much better than 5 old, worn out strings and one fresh one. plus when you open the packet the strings inside are exposed to the air and unless you live in a hot dry area they will start to wear out before you put them on.

aha i get it now thank you soo much for your help
i hope i'll be a good guitarist
I've been playing for only 7 months and I've completely self taught myself. I would say ive come along pretty well but to be able to progress you MUST learn about keys and scales and how they all relate to music theory. Having said that I can't read sheet music i completely learn from tabs and the occasional YouTube lesson. All in all though yes you can teach yourself if your really determined and you love music, I would also recommend you learn on electric because electric is much easier to play than acoustic do to string gauge and some other stuff like action (just look that stuff up), it's a common misconception among beginners that you must learn on acoustic.
^yes but we were talking about nylon string classical guitar. Classical is incredibly difficult to learn on an electric because the string spacing is so close compared to a classical guitar
A poem.
Quote by yoman297