Awesome man! Great bluesy/folk style with good appropriate vocals over the top, good job Only thing I would say is to make the overall song a bit louder, it's a little quiet but maybe that's what you were going for
Thanks for the nice comment on my JJ cover my friend.
I'm really new to this singing thing. I'm just trying to sing on key. My goal is simply to be able to sing at a jam session and maybe an open mic one night...just trying to get to the point where I don't make an idiot of myself.
Quote by bluesguy63
I'm really new to this singing thing. I'm just trying to sing on key. My goal is simply to be able to sing at a jam session and maybe an open mic one night...just trying to get to the point where I don't make an idiot of myself.

I can relate to the feeling, pretty much the same goal.

Hadn't heard the song before but I thought you did a nice job. I thought you stayed on key pretty well. It does sounds a little bit like you are holding back, which is a really common thing for beginners to do. The biggest thing I would practice is trying to force yourself to open up and project a little more. Don't worry about it sounding bad, because it will at first until you figure out how you can do it. Takes some time. You have a nice sounding voice, you'll get there.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1667931