I'm still fairly new to home recording. I've recently upgraded from my old 2 channel interface to the Tascam US-1800. I jsut got it last week, and had it setup, working fine. I was able to record track from any input, and play them back through the headphone no issue.

I decided to today to go out and invest in a proper set on monitors (Yorkville YSM5's to be exact). I hooked them up to the monitor outs on the back of the Tascam, but I get nothing. The headphones on the front of the interface work fine, just nothing through the monitors.

I tried turning the record monitoring button on but nothing happens. I've got it setup with the ASIO driver. Any ideas what might be going on here?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
How about putting them on output 1&2?
Try assigning different outputs in your DAW and see if it will recognize, you might have to use internal software mixer to point to these monitor outputs to work, depending on how it comes by default, I know I had to do that on some of the newer interface drivers. Read the manual on the audio interface, it should explain that, or maybe a "quick setup" manual, usually most come with that.
I've tried all the different record input options with no luck. I've set then preferences in Reaper to what I found online. Inputs: 1st= 1 US-1800 Mis In 1 Last= 16 Us-1800 digital in Right (the last one in the list) Outputs: 1st= 1 Us-1800 Out 1 Last= 4 US-1800 Out 4.

I've tried using the other outs with no difference. I'm thinking that there must be another option for the monitor routing somewhere that I over looked. I'm not sure what you mean by an internal software mixer. I've never tried to use monitors with an interface before.

And the manual doesnt say much.

Edit:

When I go to route the hardware to output to, theres no option for the monitors? I tried selecting one of the other options, and using those outputs instead, but nothing happened.

Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by red.guitar at Jan 13, 2015,
I'm not quite sure, but how about going to Preferences, click on Device, which should be below Audio. Try switching to the Tascams in audio system, and set the in's and out's there. Also is the master/parent send (in your pic) always off/unchecked?
Quote by chookiecookie
Go penis them

hard
options> preferences(very bottom)> audio devices(near the top on the left i believe) > set your outputs
I would try to disregard Reaper for now and just try to route audio to the monitors by selecting the Tascam as the default audio interface (see tutorial):
http://www.7tutorials.com/how-change-default-playback-recording-audio-device

Once you get that going and we know it works, then we can move to Reaper.
I believe you can start by selecting the Tascam as the audio card in Reaper and then selecting an input and output pair and trying from there.

I'll look up the manual and reference the setup page.
Got them working

Turns out I had everything routed correctly, just needed to uninstall the driver, and re-install it

If only I didn't waste 2.5 hrs fn' with that. On the upside, the monitors sound great. I think I'm gonna throw them in my iso box, and run some tunes through them over night, to break them in a little.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Your device software setup is on pg. 12 in the operations manual:

http://tascam.com/product/us-1800/downloads/

Welcome to the world of digital audio - get ready to waste countless hours troubleshooting stuff that worked just a few minutes ago
Thanks!

Well right now, everything seems to be working the way I want; So I'm good for now! Now the Experimenting begins! My main goal, is to set this stuff up with my laptop, to be mobile, and take to our rehearsal space, to start recording our sessions.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H