Dude Re-Records Entirety of St. Anger, Doesn't Immediately Blow His Brains Out After

Yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCiNPgoGa6M

tl;dl: Production is a million times better, everything else is still crap.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I never listened to the original so I really don't have any point of reference on what is and isn't still crap
superman is killing himself tonight
actually I take it back it still sounds like crap. idk what it was before but ugh this is awful
superman is killing himself tonight
The drums sound better. Everything else sounds worse. That guitar tone is terribad.

Guy has a good voice though. For that style, anyways
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
ma lifestlye determines ma deathstyle
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
ma lifestlye determines ma deathstyle

I never understood the hate for that lyric. I mean, it's cheesy, but it's not terrible
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by SGstriker
The drums sound better.

anything sounds better than the garbage cans used in the original
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
just gonna rant for a sec, k

am i srsly the only one that enjoys st anger? i love the snare and drum sounds Lars used for that album. it was perfect. that steel ring that the snare gives off fits perfectly with how gritty the album sounds. thats the ****ing point.

with this re-record, the actual snare sound makes the song sound flat and dull. its an angry **** everything album its not supposed to sound like dream theater pretty. idk. this killed the essence of the album props on his voice tho
pinga
Quote by SGstriker
I never understood the hate for that lyric. I mean, it's cheesy, but it's not terrible
it absolutely is terrible
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Cb4rabid

am i srsly the only one that enjoys st anger? i love the snare and drum sounds Lars used for that album. it was perfect. that steel ring that the snare gives off fits perfectly with how gritty the album sounds. thats the ****ing point.

with this re-record, the actual snare sound makes the song sound flat and dull. its an angry **** everything album its not supposed to sound like dream theater pretty. idk. this killed the essence of the album props on his voice tho

st anger was the first album that I finally decided I shouldn't agree to everything my mate who introduced me to rock/metal said about music and form my own opinions for once. I got it on release listened to it a few days enjoying it then lent it to him to listen, he hated it completely. I mean yeah after the "new album" rush was over it was meh but I enjoyed it for a bit as it was quite fun (ignoring that snare, lol) and still stand by the point that if it was released by anyone else it'd be considered a decent enough album, but people were hyping it to be metallica's come back, so of course it flopped.

he's still into lamb of god and korn (!) and got into a7x and such and I actually started exploring other stuff beyond what he was going on about and got properly into metal and hardcore and looking back now I think it worked out for the best that I liked st.anger.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
st anger was the first album that I finally decided I shouldn't agree to everything my mate who introduced me to rock/metal said about music and form my own opinions for once. I got it on release listened to it a few days enjoying it then lent it to him to listen, he hated it completely. I mean yeah after the "new album" rush was over it was meh but I enjoyed it for a bit as it was quite fun (ignoring that snare, lol) and still stand by the point that if it was released by anyone else it'd be considered a decent enough album, but people were hyping it to be metallica's come back, so of course it flopped.

he's still into lamb of god and korn (!) and got into a7x and such and I actually started exploring other stuff beyond what he was going on about and got properly into metal and hardcore and looking back now I think it worked out for the best that I liked st.anger.

and really its not a great great album. it's just not as bad and people make it out to be and most of that stems from the fact that it's Metallica. they could probably release an album that is as good if not better than AJFA or master of puppets and people would still rag on it

i still stand by the snare though. its loud and ringy and i love how it sounds
pinga
Yeah I also don't hate St. Anger. Sure it's not great but it's fine for what it is. It's actually the very first CD I purchased myself. I wasn't "in" to music so I had nothing to judge it to. Well years before I used to listen to my brothers Reload cd a lot and that's the only other thing I knew about metallica.

Honestly Fuel is still my favourite song by them. But obviously nostalgia plays a role in that.
Last edited by Wormholes at Jan 13, 2015,
Quote by Cb4rabid
and really its not a great great album. it's just not as bad and people make it out to be and most of that stems from the fact that it's Metallica. they could probably release an album that is as good if not better than AJFA or master of puppets and people would still rag on it

i still stand by the snare though. its loud and ringy and i love how it sounds

yeah really ignore the "metallica" on the cover and compare it to a lot of the nu metal stuff being churned out, it would be a decent enough release.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
yeah really ignore the "metallica" on the cover and compare it to a lot of the nu metal stuff being churned out, it would be a decent enough release.
you gotta admit though the sound of a dog shitting would be a decent enough release if you compare it to a lot of the nu metal stuff being churned out. Not that I have an opinion on the album but
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Jan 13, 2015,
Quote by Wormholes
Yeah I also don't hate St. Anger. Sure it's not great but it's fine for what it is. It's actually the very first CD I purchased myself. I wasn't "in" to music so I had nothing to judge it to. Well years before I used to listen to my brothers Reload cd a lot and that's the only other thing I knew about metallica.

I think it was the first "new" release I bought myself, which was a big deal anyway since I didn't get pocket money or anything and basically lived off copied CDs and Minidiscs from my wealthier mate and my dad occasionally picking up some 2nd hand copy of some older album. what spare money I did get from birthdays and such I put towards guitar stuff.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
as somebody that dislikes metal music: that album deserves credit for actually trying to do something remotely expressive and interesting. but of course it was doomed to fail as most metal fans just like pretending to be progressive. they don't actually want change or to experience new things. they want their same little boxed in, derivative sound
Quote by Banjocal
you gotta admit though the sound of a dog shitting would be a decent enough release if you compare it to a lot of the nu metal stuff being churned out.

every generation has it's cringey teen music.

nu metal was it for the late 80s/early 90s born kids. same way grunge was in for the mid 80s born kids.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
certain levels of cringe, mind

istillenjoysomelinkinparkthoughifonlyfortheinstrumentals
Quote by Thrashtastic15
most metal fans just like pretending to be progressive. they don't actually want change or to experience new things

I know its really easy to talk shit about metal but this really is a huge problem in the scene. I know this isn't the case with Metallica but a metal band could make their sound a million times less accessible and fans would still accuse them of selling out because the sound changed.

I remember when I used to listen to metal people would bitch about how Job For a Cowboy or other deathcore bands were selling out because they decided to ditch deathcore for actual death metal
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
also st anger is better than reload so I don't see why people were so mad.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I don't understand the point of this. Their time and money could have been much better spent creating an original album.
tbh load, reload, and st anger are really the only metallica albums i listen to anymore, even tho its like twice a year
Quote by Cb4rabid

I like St. Anger too, it's different. The albums raw production sounds pretty good imo and that snare really makes the album stand out. I'm a sucker for downtuned riffs too, so the instrumental doesn't bother me most of the time.

I can defiently see why people don't like it though, the album gets pretty cheesy at times. Dirty Window... wtf is with those lyrics?

Neat video though ts, thanks for sharing.
I always thought the song St Anger was a pretty good song. Nothing too deep or complex. Just thrashy and angry. I dig it.

Dude in the video has a hell of a Hetfield impersonation. Otherwise, hardly modern production. Still sounds bedroom-produced.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Dave! It's been a while since I've seen you around, friend. How've you been?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I don't understand the point of this. Their time and money could have been much better spent creating an original album.

You think an original album would get half the attention of this? lol
Check out my band Disturbed
Frantic is by far the worst song they ever wrote but I never hated St. Anger as much as everyone else otherwise. Mostly I just hear a ton of wasted potential. That album had a handful of decent riffs and if they'd actually tried to make the rest of the album sound like it wasn't written by an angsty 13 year old boy who just discovered drop C it might have been pretty alright
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Wow I'm surprised how much his voice can sound like Hetfield!

But the guitar and drum tones aren't really better than the original. A slightly different direction, but I don't like his either.; processed/triggered drums.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by theguitarist
also st anger is better than reload so I don't see why people were so mad.

so true. Frantic is totally a guilty pleasure of mine. To be honest the shit production fits St Anger pretty well, it's such a rough album in every way.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

i mean do you really think that a guy that thought it was a good idea to re-record st anger would actually make a worthwhile original album
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I honestly think Metallica are terrible and have never understood the hype with them or their music.

The riffs and stuff in this version of it aren't bad but then the vocals started ugh.