Hi everyone. So just recently I bought a EHX Soul Food overdrive pedal. When I first started using the pedal, things were going fine. Lately, however, it's been making this really shrill, high-pitched screeching noise. When I switch the battery, it's fine, but then after a little bit, it starts right back up again. Does anyone know whats wrong with my pedal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks
Quote by NakedInTheRain
yes. use a power supply. the charge pump in the pedal drains the battery pretty quickly, which leads to the whine you're talking about.

Is that a design flaw and can it be fixed or is it that some designs just go through batteries like popcorn?
yeah i was not exactly that happy with the build of my memory toy. however, BBE is the only pedals brand that literally was purchase new and crapped out after about a day for no reason at all. will never be buying one again...
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
ditch the soulfood, and get a klone. thats what i will be purchasing shortly.

but the Klones are a bit more expensive.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by icanhasgodmode
What is the best Klon clone btw?

Whatever smells the most expensive.
Quote by jpnyc
Whatever smells the most expensive.

If the smell is of heavy cork, you know you're heading the right direction
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^ LOL

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^^

TS, Go try a power supply first.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Thanks for the advice, I've been hooking it up to a power supply, and it hasn't given me a day of trouble since.