I'm looking for a 2nd amp to accompany my th100 for recordings. I play mainly rock/post hardcore like paramore/emarosa/sleeping with sirens/a day to remember
I've been looking at the orange or15 and jim root terror. Would either of these give me suitable but different tones from my th or should I look into like a marshall dsl or jvm? I play some cleaning stuff too never 100% clean but close to it so I'd like something versatile.
thanks guysß
I would check out an EVH 5150 III Mini (50W) in your case.

If you can afford it, an old 2ch Dual Rectifier would be even better. They can go anywhere in the $800-1000 range typically (that would be a good/fair deal).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I actually just returned that amp! It was a nice amp but just a little too much at some times.. I guess in the end I just liked my th over the evh. I've had a mesa in the back of my mind but I think I'm stuck on getting another orange if they will offer different tones. If its gonna be practically the same then marshall or mesa it is.
Check out the Krank Jr series or the new Revolution amps mini heads

^The OR15 has more gain than the #4
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jan 14, 2015,
If you want to stick with orange, I'd check out the Dark Terror.

I've messed with the OR15 a few times, and it's cool, but something about it is just... off. It seems a lot less versatile than the Terrors, for example. I've enjoyed the Terror series far more.

The Dark Terror in particular really surprised me. It has a fantastic sounding high gain, caught my ear and piqued my interest more than the majority of other amps out there. It's definitely a British feel, and it just sounds really lively and punchy.

I don't know about you, and I don't know how much you like your TH, but I might even get a Dark Terror and trade the TH100 for a Dual Rec. Possibly even a 6505+/6534+.

The Jim Root Terror was a bit disappointing to me. It just feels like it's trying to be too much, and doesn't succeed at anything in particular. Obviously Jim Root/Slipknot is known for being a staple of nu metal and later even arguably alt metal. But you can't really get that kind of sound very well out of a tiny EL84 poweramp. It doesn't work, IMO, and I don't understand why they tried to make it work.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah all signs point to mesa.all the band's I love play them.. I think just the idea of having to sell my orange scares me because it has been a great amp for me bUT mesas are so expensive. I've been looking into the jvm205 would that be an okay mid point it seems versatile
It can do the job, but a Blackstar Series One would be better. Arguably even better than a Mesa straight out. Do you really want another British amp though? If you're trying to expand your palette.

And Rectos aren't terribly expensive, like I said you can find old 2ch or sometimes even Tremoverbs for $800. Can't imagine you paid too much less than that for your TH100 (where in the world are you located?).

If you really like the Orange by all means do keep it.
Im located in the states! Right in tge pan handle of florida.I paid a pretty penny for my orange but I was young & did it on one of those payment plans. I've looked into blackstar always the ht series thougg maybe I should give the series one some thought. . Hmmm
HT is false advertised garbage. Series One are good amps, but I would never buy one new/support Blackstar.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
keep your orange, look for a dual terror, its been great for me. i would also mesa 5:25 or one of the F series, or best or the three a Lonestar. i paid under $800 for both my MKIV long heae, and Trem-o-Verb.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/