Page 1 of 3
Aliens certainly exist but they probably have not visited Earth.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Yes, and we are them.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Yes. We just haven't found them yet.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yes. We just haven't found them yet.

^maybe they haven't found US

DUN DUN DUUUUN
F.C. PORTO
It'd be irrational for you not to, just with all of the evidence out there. Even the Mexican Airforce admitted they exist, so inb4 all the religious nuts spam tinfoil_hat.jpg

I also believe the Stoned Ape theory might have some backing to it, but that one I'm not as absolutely sure about. But there's no denying that spores can survive in space, as you all know.
i believe in extraterrestrial life. or rather i admit that we're in no position to properly deny it given how little we know about the universe

i don't believe in big-headed grey men or flying saucers or any other form of 'visitors'. all of which are incredibly poorly thought out and very clearly an unimaginative product of popular culture

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Jan 14, 2015,
Quote by Zaphikh
Yes, and we are them.

Great plot twist, aliens attack but it turns out...we were the aliens the whole time
Quote by ElMaco
Great plot twist, aliens attack but it turns out...we were the aliens the whole time

If only humanity had reached out and tried to honestly communicate with them!!
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Of course I believe in aliens.

Kind of unrelated as far as believing whether they exist or not, but Neil DeGrasse Tyson's analogy on aliens visiting Earth is my favourite

"I wonder if, in fact, we have been observed by aliens and upon close examination of human conduct and human behavior they have concluded that there is no sign of intelligent life on Earth,"

And then there's the possibility that intelligent aliens might not simply ignore us but might harm us, just as humans sometimes harm what we consider lesser forms of life. As Tyson went on to say in the interview, "You don't walk by the worm on the street and say, 'Gee, I wonder what he's thinking.' No, you step on the worm."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fKBhvDjuy0

Considering that there are 40 billion earth-like planets in our galaxy alone, it seems highly unlikely that there aren't any other intelligent species in the universe.

The idea that they've come here or already are here? I don't know. I suppose it's likely but we're really an imperceptible blip even in our own galaxy.

We've (humans) also only been here for a very small fraction on the time earth has been around. It's more likely that if aliens visited that it wasn't at a time when humans inhabited earth.

Also I have to wonder: Do we really think that we're so special that another species would go out of their way to find us and make contact?
Last edited by mjones1992 at Jan 14, 2015,
Quote by mjones1992

Also I have to wonder: Do we really think that we're so special that another species would go out of their way to find us and make contact?

Why not? I mean, we don't know what's out there. I would guess if there are aliens, they don't know either. How could they know we are "not that special"? I mean, even if we just found some random bacteria on some other planet, it would be pretty special to us. Finding life in any form on other planets is so rare that it is special. Even finding a planet that could be suitable for life is rare.

I don't know if aliens think the same way. But it's a fact that life outside the earth is very rare. And we can't even be sure it exists (though it would be kind of strange if it didn't exist, at least in some form).

We don't look for any certain species (because we don't know any "alien species"). We are just interested if we can find anything living somewhere. It could be as simple as bacteria or something more advanced than humans.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Jan 14, 2015,
not quite. I believe they may very likely exist, but I take a "need to see evidence" stance, just because there's also the chance that our life may be a fluke.

edit: i mean complex life. of course there is some kind of basic life out there even simple animal life. the scale of the universe makes it inevitable. whether there is life on our level could be seen as a bit more of a fluke if you consider the mechanisms that made us "advanced" to either be unique to our situation or something that readily happens all the time. hard to say at the moment but in depth research exploration of places like mars and europa can put some evidence one way or the other.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'd like to say that I'm pretty sure that if aliens have visited Earth and actually are malevolent and want us dead there'd be like nothing we could do from stopping them from murdering us coldly and quickly when they finally send their alien equivalent of the death star to genocide us.

Unless we could somehow clone Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith like a million times.

edit: lol Jess Goldblum.
Last edited by whywefight at Jan 14, 2015,
I don't not believe in aliens.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Anyone denying aliens must be an alien.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
i believe in jaysus

I believe in CrazySam.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by whywefight

Unless we could somehow clone Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith like a million times.

Aliens or not I want this to happen.

Minus Will Smith.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I believe in a thing called love

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Why not? I mean, we don't know what's out there. I would guess if there are aliens, they don't know either. How could they know we are "not that special"? I mean, even if we just found some random bacteria on some other planet, it would be pretty special to us. Finding life in any form on other planets is so rare that it is special. Even finding a planet that could be suitable for life is rare.

I don't know if aliens think the same way. But it's a fact that life outside the earth is very rare. And we can't even be sure it exists (though it would be kind of strange if it didn't exist, at least in some form).

We don't look for any certain species (because we don't know any "alien species"). We are just interested if we can find anything living somewhere. It could be as simple as bacteria or something more advanced than humans.

Fair point.

I guess I just find it hard to believe that a civilization advanced enough to be traipsing around the galaxy (or beyond) would find much interest in our species, but I suppose anything's possible.

If humans were capable of faster-than-light travel, would we be concerned with every species we encountered? I would imagine maybe the first 5 or so intelligent ones, maybe even less.

Eventually it would become observation-based, I would think. Especially when we're talking about species that are in the stages of development that humans are currently in. We're really only at the beginning of our journey through development.

Hell, for all we know, our entire species is just some weird alien experiment hehe.

You're right though, we don't know what's out there. This topic is reminding me of The Fermi Paradox a bit.
It's most definitely likely that there's life out there, but I don't believe that there are ailens on Earth. We're just not interesting enough. Maybe if we practice guitar more often...
I think the probability that there are aliens somewhere in the cosmos, is converging to 1.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Alien lizards have infiltrated our governments and our homes. Nobody is safe.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by theguitarist
not quite. I believe they may very likely exist, but I take a "need to see evidence" stance, just because there's also the chance that our life may be a fluke.

edit: i mean complex life. of course there is some kind of basic life out there even simple animal life. the scale of the universe makes it inevitable. whether there is life on our level could be seen as a bit more of a fluke if you consider the mechanisms that made us "advanced" to either be unique to our situation or something that readily happens all the time. hard to say at the moment but in depth research exploration of places like mars and europa can put some evidence one way or the other.

I can't wait until the world decided to get going on that Europa thing. My inner-adolescent can't help but hope for underground/underwater dinosaur aliens.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I think given the vast size of the universe and the amount of planets out there that have potential for life that there has to be at least some form of life out there somewhere, maybe even intelligent beings. The only thing is, I'm not so sure we will ever know about them for how far they are.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Page 1 of 3