Hi there all!

Lately I've been looking for a wireless guitar system, but there's something I can't wrap my head around..
What's the deal with the MHz? A lot of the products out there offers a big range when it comes to MHz?

I hope you can help me sorting this out, thanks!
That's the carrier frequency they transmit the audio signals on, and it's among the last things you should care for - just get something that doesn't pick up noise and has decent transmitters.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The newer units (especially the digital units) are working on a a band centered around 2.4GHz ISM (actually a band from 2.400-2.480Gz, with 2 MHz sections). This is a band that allows you to operate license-free world-wide. Analog units operate at 900Mhz, 2.4GHz and 5.8Ghz. These older analog units were prone to interference from a variety of other devices that either operated within or intruded into the old spaces, and they could, themselves, cause RF interference with other devices.

Most of the newer digital units also have proprietary technologies (FHSS or Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) to keep them separated from interference from other 2.4GHz units. In addition, the signals allowed can be much stronger than the analog signals allowed, so you can have greater range from these devices.

Line 6 is one of the first manufacturers to run digital, compression-free wireless units in that bandwidth and is currently one of the most popular. Shure has largely caught up and is also running units with that tech.
Last edited by dspellman at Jan 14, 2015,