The guys at the Flying V/Explorer thread are already well aware of the unfortunate circumstances I've had to put up with regarding this new guitar.

I bought this White DK2M on ebay for a silly price, in really good condition. Just for me to open the box and play it for 5 minutes, to accidentally have the E string yank the 5th fret out of the fretboard when I divebombed. I don't even know how it could've happened. The frets themselves are so nicely finished and undercut at the fretboard ends and bevelled very smoothly, that it could only have been really, really bad luck that caused this. But a week later, the guitar was repaired, the frets were all polished and the guitar was given the thumbs up by the luthier.

While the guitar was away, I bought a Schaller Lockmiester to replace the Licensed Floyd Rose that was worn out. Once I got the guitar home, it dropped in no problem. The guitar took a few hours to set up though due to how long it takes to completely reset the springs, action and intonation, the whole 9 yards. It was pretty frustrating, but I finally finished it and the guitar plays awesome. Super low action. Great all-round tone thanks to the Sermour Dunc's (JB/59). The guitar isn't as loud acoustically as my other guitars though, but that doesn't surprise me very much at all. Guitars with floyds tend to be that way. Its especially apparent when compared to my Gibson V, but honestly that guitar is enormously loud acoustically for a solid body electric of any standard. Its a bit of a freak of nature.

The Lockmiester is absolutely fantastic by the way. I cannot see any difference whatsoever between i and the German OFR. Once set up correctly, I cannot get the darn thing out of tune. It simply refuses to. Its got a good weight like the OFR, and design-wise its identical. If you're thinking of upgrading a Floyd, a Schaller Lockmiester is the smartest way to do it.

But then ANOTHER thing happens to spoil the labour of my hard work. The guitar was de-tuned and retuned so much from trying to set the action and intonation perfectly that the high E work hardened and broke at the tuner when I wanted to fine tune the action one last time. I do not have a spare 0.10" string. After all the time I spent setting the guitar up, this was the ultimate insult. I'm not happy. But getting the guitar back in action is child's play.

But anyway, enough with my trap for a moment. Here's some pics. Steel Panther tribute band here I come.

This is the only real cosmetic damage done to the guitar. There's a few other scratches here and there, but this is the only really visible one from more than 1 pace away.

The Schaller stamp on the new Floyd. The thing as expected, performs great.

Here's just a pic with the guitars I have within arms reach of me. Camera shot this corner of the room without enough exposure.

And on the wall...

Broken high E string. Booooooooo... However, reverse stringing the guitar like this is what all the cool kids do. And I like pretending to think I'm actually cool by being a copycat.

Seriously though, it is about damn time I bought one of these guitars. Over the years and guitar stores I've been to, I've played literally played 20 different Jacksons from the old MIJ Pro Series and I've always been really impressed with them. Problem was that I was too poor of a kid at the time to buy one. So getting a DK2M at last is really liberating.

Cheers folks. This might be the last guitar I'll get in a good while. In Fish's case, that's approximately 2 1/2 days.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 14, 2015,
Least it worked out better than my Jackson that I got

Looks awesome! Clipz?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I'm afraid I can't do clipz. I've got no microphone.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Awesome, I am jealous, being an major fan and owner of 5 MIJ Jacksons, that maple fretboard is just way too awesome!

The Schaller's licensed trems do have an advantage I've found over the Schaller made OFR in that the saddle block tightening screws do not protrude as far back behind the trem as the OFR giving it a smaller footprint and making it a great drop-in replacement for the JT580LP I had issues trying to get an OFR on my Dinky the screws were going to hit the paint!

Congrats she is a beauty!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

^^ I wasconcerned about the saddle block screws hitting the back of the recess as well, but when I adjusted the intonation, I was able to move the saddles way forward.

Thanks dude.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Congrats, it's gorgeous. Even more so since it's a guitar you've been interesting in for a while.
Happy NGD!

The DK2M was one of those guitars I looked at all the time, but never got around to get - and then they were gone. I wouldn't mind a MIM DK2M from the current Pro Series at all, and I think they're great instruments, but they don't match the old with maple fretboard and black binding all over. Simply stunning guitar.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I've just thrown on some Dunlop Straplock buttons on the guitar, but because of the orientation of the strap on my Gibson V being such that the locking end is facing the top face of the strap and not the bottom face, I'll need a new strap and a new straplock set. Putting the strap from my Gibson on the Jackson causes the strap to twist awkwardly. Darn.

I'm also considering an allen wrench holder on the back of the headstock, but I don't want to add one in a way thats invasive (Doesn't require giving the headstock another screw hole) Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? The best I've thought of so far is simply double-sided tape.

Speaking of allen wrenches, its a shame the wrench supplied by Schaller isn't the same quality as the bridge because after using it a good number of times, its decided to strip. Oh well. I have more that are the same size that are better quality.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 15, 2015,
Tie a little pouch around the headstock under the strings, perhaps?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
hmmm. It might look a bit silly tbh.

I'll stick (No pun intended) with the double sided tape idea for now.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Nice score. Love me some white guitars

HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
That has a real classic look to it. Nice! You gonna get a loud, bright strap for it? Or something studded?

Look at the bright side, the hardware on the Schaller system is so hardened it stripped the wrench. That's durability, lol.
I miss mine

Sucks about the problems you have had with it though.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Hydra26
That has a real classic look to it. Nice! You gonna get a loud, bright strap for it? Or something studded?

Look at the bright side, the hardware on the Schaller system is so hardened it stripped the wrench. That's durability, lol.

It stripped the wrench that Schaller supplied.
Quote by Carrot
I miss mine

Sucks about the problems you have had with it though.

Yeah. I've just had lots of bad luck since I've bought this thing.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee