No dramatic reveal or complicated story

An AB customs 212 cab and a PT Nano!

The cab is 3/4 baltic birch, dado joints, all that good shit. I really like it, definitely check them out (username ab_amps on ebay) if you are looking for a cheap quality cab, I grabbed this one for less than $200 shipped, and they will let you pick your tolex, grill cloth, and hardware colors, and they have lots of options. You can also get some other options like removable back, rear loading, casters, etc. Overall a solid cab and it complements my Nineteen80 very well. I loaded it with an Eminence Screamin' Eagle and a Splawn Small Block I had, a personal fav.

The PT is great for my purposes, just a small board I can grab and take to practice or shows, without fussing with all the cables and what have you.

No Diezel or Suhr or anything exciting, sorry, but thanks for looking anyway!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I thought it was too good to be true until you mentioned loading your own speakers into it Still a smokin deal for a custom cab though if the quality is that good.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
What a cute lil pedalboard, haha. Nice haul! HNGD! I dig that eq, I may pick one of those up for the hell of it.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Sick man, I've yet to try and Krank but I'd really like to. HNCandPBD!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by riffhog
I thought it was too good to be true until you mentioned loading your own speakers into it Still a smokin deal for a custom cab though if the quality is that good.

Yeah I gave up trying to find a loaded 212 for the price I wanted to pay It's cheaper to just get a 412.

^^Yeah I mainly opted for this one over the 10 band because I wanted to run all my pedals with one adapter (daisy chain). The pedalboard is just right for me, I don't ever use more than 4 stomp boxes at a time, but it's still a pain to carry all the individual pedals and the cords and power and all that. With this I just ziptie everything or leave it plugged in.

^Definitely try a Nineteen80 if you like your Laney. A bitchin' Marshall-a-like, but I prefer it to any Marshall I've played
Last edited by dementiacaptain at Jan 14, 2015,
Yeah I really haven't played an amp I like more than my Nineteen80. Like differently, sure, but not more.
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's how I wish my setup would look, mines a bit of a mess.

Nice!

Is that Mario Party I spy also?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Jan 15, 2015,
NGD!

How do you think the black MXR eq's compare to the blue older ones?
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Nice score, hope you get to 'krank' it up lots!

I'll see myself out now.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Fryderyczek
NGD!

I can't imagine there is a huge difference. Mine is very quiet and sturdy, the old ones are probably the same, if a bit worn from use. I haven't ever played an old one so I can't for certain, I do prefer this one to my old Boss though, a lot less noisy (I do miss having a level control but I have loop level controls on the Krank so it doesn't matter really).

^no need, the name begs for it, I'd be sad if someone to say it in every Krank thread
Nice, I dig the 1980
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Nice, I dig the 1980

It's a beast dude. I only wish I had the brown cloth front to match the cab
Quote by Fryderyczek
NGD!

I was going to buy one of the old blue MXR EQs, my buddy had one and had just bought a new 10 band black one, he let me try it out for a week and I passed on it, it was very noisy and it had no on off switch.

It may have been noisy because something was wrong with it but I've heard others say the same about it.

FWIW it did sound damn good.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jan 15, 2015,
something may have been wrong with it
they are pretty quiet
if i had to guess i guess the power source
that said, i've put them up against my Dano Fish n Chips 6 band and it was close. very close.

but if you want the best the MXR is undoubtedly up there
HNGD I really want a little grab and go board your pic just sold me.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
For the stuff I normally play its perfect. I don't mind have stuff messy at home, but on the go I like everything to be nice and orderly, the Nano is perfect for that.
Quote by dementiacaptain
It's a beast dude. I only wish I had the brown cloth front to match the cab

It could be worse and be chrome like my 1980 Jr
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

Hey now, don't hate on chrome.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hey now, don't hate on chrome.

I like chrome, but when you have silver tolex and a chrome grill it isn't the best look
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

Or mine which says, "lil stiffy" on it
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Quote by Robbgnarly
I like chrome, but when you have silver tolex and a chrome grill it isn't the best look

Oh man, my condolences...

Quote by evmac

Next time get the 50 watter. It'll be the only time you can use money to turn that lil stiffy into a big one.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by evmac

Yeah even though the Stiff amps sound good, I could never get over the look, call me superficial

The new Revolution amps are a bit better looking than the Stiffs, but not as nice as the Kranks.

I bought mine from GC online and it had no pic's but it was only $300 so I bought it because the 1980 Jr is really scarce on the used market, so I got what I got
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Oh man, my condolences...

Next time get the 50 watter. It'll be the only time you can use money to turn that lil stiffy into a big one.

It is the 50watter, but in the lunchbox chassis. Love the amp, but I much prefer the Krank look
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
whats teh website for that cab company?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Look up ab_amps on eBay, as far as I know there isn't a stand-alone site