Hello, I have been trying to figure out how to play the song " Meridian" by topaz (check it out on youtube). it's a pretty obscure song so guitar tabs do not exist. i only managed to somewhat get a similar sound to the song but not really. The guitar sounds very simple it's just that i can't figure out the notes being played, i am not great at deciphering notes by ear. so far i have got this, it's only one part of the song and my tab still sounds wrong

starting at 00:23 seconds in the song this is what i figured out

E|----------------------------------------------------------------
B|----12~-12h15-12---15\17-12-----12-----12---------
G|----12~------------12----------------------12-----12-----
D|------------------------14-----------------------14-----14--
A|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
E|-----------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't sound right though, could anybody who actually knows how to tab by ear, with relative or perfect pitch help me out. I am terrible at this :s I cannot figure out any other part of the song either,: it's driving me nuts
Thank you.
The chord progression is Cmaj7-Gmaj7. And it's basically just arpeggios. I think you've got everything else pretty much right except for the last 6 notes. They should be F# D and B (the maj7, 5th and third of the Gmaj7 chord).

It really helps if you figure out the chords first. Because the song is basically just arpeggios.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115