Has anyone actually gotten their hands on one of these?
It's tempting to buy one, but i don't know the quality of it yet.
Ideas and thoughts?
It's a standard Mexican p-bass with a $500 price increase because it says Dee Dee Ramone on the back of the head.
Cry yourself to ash
Quote by Vampire_State
It's a standard Mexican p-bass with a $500 price increase because it says Dee Dee Ramone on the back of the head.

Not true. It also says it on the neck plate, along with "One Two Three Four" for those bassists who struggle with rock time signatures.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
And Fender joins the Dean school of making filthy lucre off of the dead.

This pisses me off particularly because both my husband and I met Dee Dee. Messed up human but a nice guy to the fans. Low blow Fender.
Quote by anarkee
And Fender joins the Dean school of making filthy lucre off of the dead.

This pisses me off particularly because both my husband and I met Dee Dee. Messed up human but a nice guy to the fans. Low blow Fender.

I wonder who gave them the rights to use his name?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
I wonder who gave them the rights to use his name?

His Estate.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by Mr.Muppio
So i'm better of buying a regular fender and switching the pickguard around?

Dee Dee played a bone stock white Fender Precision because it was all that he ever needed. That, in a nutshell, is the essence of the Punk Rock ethic. Those who would follow in his footsteps should adhere to that ethic. Get yourself a bass (and a Precision is always a good choice) and rock the hell out of it.

Why would you wish to change the pickguard? The signature version is just a straight-up Precision:

My reasons for changing the pickguard on a regular fender p bass is cause i want to know how it's done, that's it really. I'd like to learn how to replace parts on it.
I would like to see an affordable Mosrite Ventures copy that isn't an Aria, not a standard p-bass that goes against everything the Ramones were about.
Cry yourself to ash
Quote by Vampire_State
I would like to see an affordable Mosrite Ventures copy that isn't an Aria, not a standard p-bass that goes against everything the Ramones were about.

Take a look at Eastwood's Sidejack DLX series:

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/sidejack-dlx/

In all fairness, Dee Dee did in fact play a U.S.-made Fender Precision bass. He did not choose it because it was a Fender or because it was an iconic instrument; rather, he chose it because it did exactly what he needed it to do, and it did not cost him an arm and a leg. Fender's prices were a lot more reasonable back in the 1970s, and you could pick up a used Precision bass for peanuts.