Page 1 of 2
I've been playing four about a year and am ready to upgrade to a slightly better amp.
My favorite genre is Metal, stuff like Metallica, Pantera, Megadeth, Kreator, Slayer, Death, Slipknot, Machine Head etc.

I don't care if it's a tube or a solid state i just need something that doesn't have weird artificial sounding distortion like my current amp. Thanks!
Used 6505+ 112
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
What country?
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Music Go Round

6505+ 112 - Reverb.com

Shipping is about $80. Heavy bastard.

Just realized the Reverb seller is also Music Go Round.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Last edited by lemurflames at Jan 15, 2015,
Alright that looks pretty good. I would need to save a bit for the shipping but other than that it looks great. Thanks.
At any given moment, Guitar Center has at least a dozen used 6505+ 112s in the $400 range with FREE shipping. And you can send it back within 30 days if there's a problem. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by KailM
At any given moment, Guitar Center has at least a dozen used 6505+ 112s in the $400 range with FREE shipping. And you can send it back within 30 days if there's a problem. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

You can even call for a return authorization and drop it off at a local Guitar Center.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
I disagree with the people saying the 6505.
These amps are so overrated it hurts. Something like a Randall RD50 tube combo would be a decent change from these peaveys.

EDIT:And it doesn't cost much, at least here in Europe.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Last edited by Fryderyczek at Jan 15, 2015,
Quote by Fryderyczek
These amps are so overrated it hurts. Something like a Randall RD50 tube combo would be a decent change from these peaveys.

Overrated? Maybe, yes! But they are very solid and sound very good, Peavey really hit a huge nail on the head with the 6505 and the 6534. Not saying the RD50 is no good, I just personally don't see a problem with getting a 6505 if its what works for you and everyone else
Guitars:
Agile Interceptor Pro 828
Martin and Fender acoustics

Amp:
Bias amps
I remember a couple years ago I was laughed at for suggesting a 6505+ 112. "Too honky because it aint a br00tal stack".

It's a good place to start tone wise and it's not too much of a beast to transport. Find one and try it!
Quote by Fryderyczek

No it really is not. Yes its popular and widely used but it is for a reason. From modern djenty shit to all out death metal or slam that amp kicks ass for all of them and has been used by a lot of bands and still use. It just works.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
It just works.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Okay, thanks for the suggestions. I'll try looking at the guitar centers used section as i would rather not pay nearly another 100$ for shipping.
Last edited by Cheeseshark at Jan 15, 2015,
Well, guitar center doesn't have anything in my range within that isn't just a cabinet within 100 miles of me. Might just try going with the reverb thing.
Quote by Fryderyczek

i love my "overrated" amp...i use it as much as i use my underrated amps
Randall RM100(Recto/KH-2/XTC)
Peavey 5150 212
Peavey 6505+112(head)
Peavey VTM 120
Peavey Windsor
Crate GX-130C
Randall RG100ES
Randall RH300G3
Randall RX120RH
POD HD500
Quote by Cheeseshark
Well, guitar center doesn't have anything in my range within that isn't just a cabinet within 100 miles of me. Might just try going with the reverb thing.

where are you from ??..... I have a Peavey 6505 plus 112 for sale " like new" in Cincinnati/Dayton Ohio area .... they are a solid amp for sure , I'm selling mine because at 53 I'm have a hard time carrying it and bought a micro Head with a 2x12 cab to replace it , it was just a little too heavy for me to carry

edit ... I see your in California now , be patient they show up all the time
Last edited by Fumble fingers at Jan 15, 2015,
By amp do you mean head or combo? If you mean head get a Bugera 333XL infinium and el34 tubes. There's no such thing as a "metal amp", anything can be used for metal, honestly. Got my Bugera with a 412 cab in like new condition with only a few hours of play and it was only $350, the head alone is $500
Quote by Fryderyczek

6505s are recommended all the time for a reason. When people want a metal amp it can deliver a rich, cutting, and brutal metal tone without costing an arm, a leg, and a kidney. I converted mine to a head and would put it up against any other amp when it comes to high-gain (I have played most of them with the exception of Diezel amps). 6505s are used by probably more metal acts than any other model, which can get kind of cliche, I'll admit. Yet, it still comes down to the player and there are things you can do to the amp to still get a signature tone. I, for one, don't make mine sound like the typical 'metalcore' tone.

If you need excellent cleans, then yes, I'd recommend looking elsewhere. (Though there are things you can do to a a Peavey for that too).
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by PiercedBand
By amp do you mean head or combo? If you mean head get a Bugera 333XL infinium and el34 tubes. There's no such thing as a "metal amp", anything can be used for metal, honestly. Got my Bugera with a 412 cab in like new condition with only a few hours of play and it was only $350, the head alone is $500

Combo.
Quote by Cheeseshark
Thanks for the link! Seems to be only one hours drive my house so that should work out.

go for it! they are rock. personally not my #1 favorite amp, for ****s sake metal amp $400. there is no comparison. i had a head shortly a long time ago. sold it for something else.

but it is a staple in a few different prominent metal genres.

go get it and have some fun.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by KailM
6505s are recommended all the time for a reason. When people want a metal amp it can deliver a rich, cutting, and brutal metal tone without costing an arm, a leg, and a kidney. I converted mine to a head and would put it up against any other amp when it comes to high-gain (I have played most of them with the exception of Diezel amps). 6505s are used by probably more metal acts than any other model, which can get kind of cliche, I'll admit. Yet, it still comes down to the player and there are things you can do to the amp to still get a signature tone. I, for one, don't make mine sound like the typical 'metalcore' tone.

If you need excellent cleans, then yes, I'd recommend looking elsewhere. (Though there are things you can do to a a Peavey for that too).

i think your statement is a little overzealous. but they are good sounding amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
If you don't want to join the 6505 club which is not a bad club at all check out a JSX or XXX both solid amps capable of what you want.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Bugera amps are made out of plastic enought said.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i think your statement is a little overzealous. but they are good sounding amp.

Yeah, probably, lol. But I'm being honest when I say that on many occasions, after playing something higher-end at a store (Mesas, Engls, Marshalls, etc.), I come home, plug into my amp, and come to the same conclusion: "Damn, my rig sounds good." It's not that those others don't sound good too -- it's that if you're on a tight budget, the 6505 will meet or exceed most other amps when it comes to all-out aggression and bang for your buck.
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
^ Agreed, good point.

I was all about the Archon and what it was about but man the 6505 with the right pedals (OD, noise gate, EQ, etc.) is just so good everytime I plug into it. Between amp head and pedal board mine costs about what a Rectifier or something else would new.
Hi Buddy,

If you definitely want the sounds of Metallica you should get the Hiwatt Spitfire its such a versatile amp for all metal needs. James Hetfield uses one but I would tell you now boy it is very heavy indeed. Weighs around 500kg. The tone is extreme and loudness is scary. Check it out here.

Mickey
Quote by MickeysReviews
Hi Buddy,

If you definitely want the sounds of Metallica you should get the Hiwatt Spitfire its such a versatile amp for all metal needs. James Hetfield uses one but I would tell you now boy it is very heavy indeed. Weighs around 500kg. The tone is extreme and loudness is scary. Check it out here.

Mickey

+1 this is so true, totally forgot about that amp!
Do you guys have any tips for buying used amps? Should i take my guitar to try it out before buying? Any warning signs i should look out for? Thanks.
For sure take your guitar and a buddy who plays or a more experienced player is always helpful.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Another question, is it really worth spending extra money for a tube amp? I mean this used one is pretty cheap, but i mean if it was between like a new 300$ solid state and a new 6-700$ tube.
its worth it.. if you are unsure, wait buying an amp until you can tell yourself
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
its worth it.. if you are unsure, wait buying an amp until you can tell yourself

I'm definitely getting this amp considering it's like 30$ more than the peavey solid state i wanted. Just wondering if it's worth spending over a 100$ extra on.
I sold my Peavey 6505 plus tonight off of Craigslist and I told the buyer to bring his favorite guitar and try it out , he did and he bought it ..... if someone is against you bringing a guitar to try out a amp then keep on looking for a amp
Yes. It's worth it.

Buy buy buy.

EVH 5150 III 50 watt and Peavey 5150 212 owner.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Page 1 of 2