Has anyone done this? I'm curious to try this out and see what results I get. I plan on getting two 1/4 inch splitter pieces and have them plugged into both sides of my DS-2, one input from the guitar one output into the amp, but have one output loop back to the other input.
I don't understand your intention. If you're talking about stacking 2 distortion pedals, then yes, by all means try it out. If you dig the sound, cool. There aren't any set rules.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I think Bloodbath runs an old HM-2 into an already distorted amp. Sounds amazing.

Like lucky said, there are no set rules. Experiment a little.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Well I already have two distortion pedals and I do dig the sound, but I also like using one for a very light touch of chunky. I mean having one pedal feed into itself, if anyone has tried it before. My main concern is blowing my pedal or amp. Let's see if I can do this in text.

------------
}[pedal]{
[amp]----- ------[guitar]

So I have two splitter pieces both plugged into the pedal, one output running back to the input causing a signal loop.
Quote by IronOxide
Has anyone done this?
No
Quote by obvious question askers
Why?
'cause it won't work mainly.
If it worked though it would yield no good results, but let's proceed with order.

It won't work 'cause the ds-2 only has one audio output.
The remote input is for footswitches, it doesn't take in any audio.

If it had two audio output then the result would be feedback.
Remember that annoying sound that happens when you put a mic in front of the speaker the sound's coming out from?
That's feedback.
Patching the output of something raising a signal's gain to its input you're creating a positive feedback loop (or negative if you flip the phase of the output before feeding it to the input, which is used in opamps mostly, but don't focus on this now) and the result is a loud screech.

Don't do that TS, never.
Not with a distortion pedal at least.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I wouldn't bother, even if it did work, it doesn't seem like the result would sound to good and its possibly completely redundant. What are you trying to achieve? A heavier sound? Just stack your distortion pedals and dick around with the knobs til you find a good sound.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Spambot_2
No
'cause it won't work mainly.
If it worked though it would yield no good results, but let's proceed with order.

It won't work 'cause the ds-2 only has one audio output.
The remote input is for footswitches, it doesn't take in any audio.

If it had two audio output then the result would be feedback.
Remember that annoying sound that happens when you put a mic in front of the speaker the sound's coming out from?
That's feedback.
Patching the output of something raising a signal's gain to its input you're creating a positive feedback loop (or negative if you flip the phase of the output before feeding it to the input, which is used in opamps mostly, but don't focus on this now) and the result is a loud screech.

Don't do that TS, never.
Not with a distortion pedal at least.

I'll have to side with the Italian on this one
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate